Trolling Lures Trolling Lures Trolling Lures Trolling Lures

Thread: Trolling Lures

Default Trolling Lures

I was planning on trying some trolling this year when things are slow casting and I have little to no experience. We have all the necessary trolling equipment except for lures. What are your recommendations and do they change depending on the time of year? From what I’ve read, it seems like crankbaits and spoons are most popular. Does anyone use Eerie Dearies still? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Default Re: Trolling Lures

Erie dearies still work,but mostly for casting.To get lures for trolling. Most everyone trolls crankbait when water below 52°.Most popular crank brand are Bandits.When warmer than 52 the bite changes to spoons and harnesses.Most popular spoon are Michigan scorpion stinger spoons

Do you have any recommendations on colors for trolling? I typically use purple and gold when casting

Trolling Lures-bf151a24-5047-4fb5-a95c-fd957a960fac-jpeg
    Start with standard colors in purples, chromes and Chartreuse then expand from there. Blue Chrome, Black Chrome, Humble bee, Gender Reveal, etc., etc., etc. Get at least 2 of each color incase you can’t buy a bite with anything but that color.

seriously, read the posts, check the bait shops and experiment on the water.

then after all that, talk the wife into letting you buy 2-20 every week until you have every color made by Bandit, Spro and ever other bait manufacturer out there. Then, start at the custom guys. Remember, the one who dies with the most lures, wins!

There are gold and purple Bandit colors.Purple is a stock color called popsicle.A good golf color is a custom called IB frozen.I would start with stock colors because much cheaper and you need them too.Best color is Blue chrome and get 2 of them for sure.Then popsicle,taco salad,humble bee,khaki,black headed wonderbread.Also get an orange one forgot name.After get some stock then the custom colors are IB frozen,Pooh bear purple,huff daddy(dankota),white perch(warrior),RC crush and Marvin.