Oak Harbor - Wild Wings Report Oak Harbor - Wild Wings Report Oak Harbor - Wild Wings Report Oak Harbor - Wild Wings Report

Default Oak Harbor - Wild Wings Report

I’m heading for Wild Wings Marina Friday morning and hope to boat some walleye this weekend; fishing through Sunday. I’ve got a 17’ Lund so if it’s too choppy I’m restricted a little bit on how far I can go out. I troll. I have church boards and also just set up a mast with otter boards. Using mostly bandits. This will be my 3rd year catching them on my own boat so I’m just looking for a little direction. I’ve got a good idea of what to look for but any fresh report or tips is always helpful. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Oak Harbor - Wild Wings Report

I have a deep 17' Targa and the wife and I fish during often on Lake Erie. I am from Elkhart so We watch the weather and plan accordingly. My personal rule of thumb is the wind is 10 miles or less. This time of year you do not have to go far. It seems like as soon as you come out of the harbor you can see boats every where. The jig bite is the best. I am looking forward to be out next weekend. Good Luck and tight lines

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    I have a deep 17' Targa and the wife and I fish during often on Lake Erie. I am from Elkhart so We watch the weather and plan accordingly. My personal rule of thumb is the wind is 10 miles or less. This time of year you do not have to go far. It seems like as soon as you come out of the harbor you can see boats every where. The jig bite is the best. I am looking forward to be out next weekend. Good Luck and tight lines
    Yeah I’ve had this planned so we just make the best of it. I’m from South Bend. Calling for some descent wind Friday and Saturday as of now from what I’ve seen. Hopefully it’s 2’ or less. Good luck 👍

I am local to the area less than an hour away. the Jig bite has begun and just out front of wild wings is the best bet. Any of the reefs in the complex will do the trick, find about 13ft of water and start your drift with black hair jigs tipped with gulp minnow or a real minnow. Weather the rest of the week looks good for winds forecasting waves 1-2 and 1-3 but they are forecasting rain everyday. Good luck I hope this helps, safe travels.

Capt. Andy