Snap on  or inline weights for walleye using bandits ??? Snap on  or inline weights for walleye using bandits ??? Snap on  or inline weights for walleye using bandits ??? Snap on  or inline weights for walleye using bandits ???

Default Snap on or inline weights for walleye using bandits ???

Ok inline or snap on weights I use for getting worm harness down to desired depths i use my apps for that. but if i wanted to use a two oz. weight 5.5 to 6 foot back of that weight i would then place a bandit behind that! app says at 50 ft it will go down 22 ft. by self but with bandit towing behind 2oz.weight app says at 50ft back will go down 13ft. so in figuring depth it will run would you add 22ft. and the 13ft together for the sum of aprox. 35ft that lure will run at 50ft of line out and about 1.5 mph??? especially if I did not to let out over 200 foot of line and no weight targeting 40ft walleye. and not wanting to use jets or dipsy. thou would be easier to figure

Default Re: Snap on or inline weights for walleye using bandits ???

Check out the Precision Trolling App. 50-2 They make it really simple.
    Let out 50 ft and attach 2 oz weight and then let out the line app says for desired depth and speed.
    Quick and easy.
    Mike

Line size makes a big difference as well. Your initial thoughts do not seem correct though. With 10 pound Mono @ 1.5 MPH with a 6 ft leader from the 2oz weight it would be 83’ to get down 35’.

I recommend a trolling app called Troll Master. It lets you input all the different variables such as leader lengths and trolling weights and calculates the line out required. If you do any fishing in the central basin the precision app lacks the ability to use different lead lengths and also for 4 and 5 ounce snap weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Tiger View Post
    Check out the Precision Trolling App. 50-2 They make it really simple.
    Let out 50 ft and attach 2 oz weight and then let out the line app says for desired depth and speed.
    Quick and easy.
    yes but you have a bandit attached to the 50 back which also acts to get it lower?????

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait View Post
    yes but you have a bandit attached to the 50 back which also acts to get it lower?????
    That is already factored into their calculations. They have the dive-curve for the bait by-itself and also for the 50+2 method. For example, a Bandit runs 19 feet down at 100 back with no weights attached (10# XT). If you then switch the setting from 10 lb XT to 50+2 / 10 lb XT, the depth changes to 34 feet. So to clarify, for 34 feet, you would let out 50 feet of line, attach a 2 oz weight, then let out 50 more feet of line, for 100 total.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    That is already factored into their calculations. They have the dive-curve for the bait by-itself and also for the 50+2 method. For example, a Bandit runs 19 feet down at 100 back with no weights attached (10# XT). If you then switch the setting from 10 lb XT to 50+2 / 10 lb XT, the depth changes to 34 feet. So to clarify, for 34 feet, you would let out 50 feet of line, attach a 2 oz weight, then let out 50 more feet of line, for 100 total.
    thank you for that info on trolling perssion app had it all along but didn't know how to access it. found it and will be a big help alone with chart on uses of jets...