Radio program? Radio program? Radio program? Radio program?

Thread: Radio program?

Blog Entries

Default Radio program?

Just a thought....
    I wonder if any of the local radio station listeners would be interested in a weekly radio Fishing Report, featuring the Western Basin of Lake Erie? Perhaps it could be aired on two stations, one, out of Toledo and another report, on a different day, out of Port Clinton or Sandusky and eastward out of Cleveland?
    (Are the limits still in effect for the Central Basin?).
    Airtime could be a few minutes or, for more "in depth info" a half hour. Add and pay for some commentary by a few of the regular guides that post here on this web site?
    I wonder how much it would cost to cover such a programing presentation. Any thoughts or comments?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Radio program?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Just a thought....
    I wonder if any of the local radio station listeners would be interested in a weekly radio Fishing Report, featuring the Western Basin of Lake Erie? Perhaps it could be aired on two stations, one, out of Toledo and another report, on a different day, out of Port Clinton or Sandusky and eastward out of Cleveland?
    (Are the limits still in effect for the Central Basin?).
    Airtime could be a few minutes or, for more "in depth info" a half hour. Add and pay for some commentary by a few of the regular guides that post here on this web site?
    I wonder how much it would cost to cover such a programing presentation. Any thoughts or comments?
    Yep sounds good how about a Zoom live meeting very easy to do and real time discussion with actual visual broadcast over the internet from a smart phone PM me if you want to chat and set it up

Radio, what's that.

I just look up this site, if I need any info.
    Last edited by Ducker; 03-24-2022 at 07:47 PM.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

YouTube is a good platform for something like this.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Simple answer. Audience and money. There are or have been a few local radio stations along the lake that do or did a very quick Lake fishing report during the summer, I think only on weekends. I can't remember them, and if they even do it anymore. Anything on a radio station has to have an appeal to at least a decent portion of that stations's listeners. Frankly Lake fishing doesn't have a big enough listening base in one area for most stations to budget the time. The market will determine it. So maybe there are still a station or two, or internet stations, that provide a fishiong report. I think Put-in-Bay Radio does, but again, frankly, how many of the Lake fishing folks listen to that Internat station? Maybe they should listen?

And, where do you think stations get the reports? Usually from ODNR ODW.

How about a report from out on the water? Live, every weekend? Stay tuned...

Almost all Lake Erie fisherpersons carry smartphones. A podcast might be an inexpensive way to start reaching them. Content like radio but less work than YouTube.
    CaptKen
    "Lucky Luna" Channel 68
    SeaRay Amberjack 290
    Twin Mag 350s/v-drives
    Simrad NSX 12
    Simrad AP44 Autopilot
    FishHawk X2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptKen View Post
    Almost all Lake Erie fisherpersons carry smartphones. A podcast might be an inexpensive way to start reaching them. Content like radio but less work than YouTube.
    lets try a Zoom mtg I can send out the log on info here and any one who wants to join can just log on from smart phone , laptop or home pc you will see the camera view and sound in real time with two way audio so conversation is possible with any one who is logged on