3/22 report 3/22 report 3/22 report 3/22 report

Thread: 3/22 report

Default 3/22 report

Had a wind blown trip today, a little rough getting out but once to our spot the fishing was good. We boated the Iowa boys their limits of walleye with a personal best 29.5” big male that he is going to mount. I reeled in one for dinner as well today. Never rained on us andfished mostly in a 1-2’ chop not a bad day and basically had the lake to ourselves. This North river boat kept us dry and warm all day with the heater on. Great spring trip. We ran bandits and flicker minnows 11 today 1.4 mph 150-80 back white body and green got the fish today. We fished west of the islands in protection from wind.
    3/22 report-20545c8d-3b38-475e-af90-31a7443de407-jpg3/22 report-4cabd6a3-b44a-4f08-b387-5ffeff5af669-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Default Re: 3/22 report

Thanks Capt Sam for all these great posts.You really know how to find and catch those walleye.Have a great season.

nicely done capt sam, just awesome!!!!!! thanks for posting!

Capt Sam,I read all your posts here.We really appreciate the time to post what and how you caught.I have noticed on your posts that even on consecutive fishing days,the lures,colors and leads often change.Thats not unusual,as the conditions and what the fish want changes often.But you seam to really figure out those changes really fast and have success when others struggle.That success obviously comes with alot of experience,but also willing to try out alot of different options to start each day.
    Can you tell us how you start fishing each new day.Like number of lines and how many different lures and colors you are running.Also prefered colors with certain weather conditions and water clarity.Thanks.Its getting boring seeing no fishing posts with this cold windy weather shutting down the fishing.

I will put something together in response to your request next weather break. I am really busy fishing right now.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

I’d love a read like that as well… only fishing here once a year at best, half the fun is thinking about it all in advance and reading these good posts.