Trolling vs. drifting - why? Trolling vs. drifting - why? Trolling vs. drifting - why? Trolling vs. drifting - why?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Trolling vs. drifting - why?

Quote Originally Posted by cohoho View Post
    That is fun Slimshady. I’ll usually set the first lines if they are newer to trolling based off of my unwritten rules like water clarity and such then if they don’t get bit, I’ll start having them pick lures. Newbies love to see lures they picked catch fish. Works on Erie and MI. It’s really cool to watch a 20 + king come over the rail on some crappy spoon that someone said “thing looks pretty”. I swear it happens every time. I can put them out and nothing… I love it! I love watching people reel in fish I put them on, big or small, it’s awesome.
    So true. I will never forget the time I had a newbie on my boat jigging in the D-River. It was a tough bite, muddy water, etc. Next thing I know he tied on a 4" tube jig, like we would use on St. Clair for smallies. I said "I wouldn't use that, you will have trouble feeling the bottom". He proved me wrong as I was netting his 7 lb'er about 5 mins later. I was like "you have any more of those with you?"......you never know what is going to work on any given day.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Default Re: Trolling vs. drifting - why?

For us Fishing over 60 Years seeing many changes always Jigging in Spring - Casting in Summer - if not producing drop anchor try Perch if have shiners - it that not work Troll . always in that order !