seeking advice seeking advice seeking advice seeking advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seeking advice

hammerin11 Guest

No it isn't, thanks for all the advice from everybody,
    Gary

Hammerin- Check your messages

Smile Lamberjacks

wait for south wind 5-10 and go right in front. This weekend should be a dandy, but watch the wind and find wind reports before you go. That water is cold bro. I would use the shoreline for cover and move towards Crane Creek till ya find fish. Make sure you take a floating marker to locate exactly where you caught your fish. I know its an invite to all but if you dont have GPS its your only choice. Focus your efforts in water between 10-15 FOW

Good Luck and Good Fishing

hammerin11 Guest

But I'm not from that area, where is right in front? What ramp? I will stay by the shore I just need to know where and, Thanks

Default just helping to keep you close to shore

GARY I am not going to BS you 14' is small for erie I run a 24' cuddy and it gets nasty out there you go out lake is like glass 20 min to get out 2hrs to get back all of these guys are trying to look out for you they know most of them have been there the fish are hitting your not ready to leave then bam a slap in the face when you go to return .
    if you are going to go out get a portable BILDGE PUMP and a Charged Battery YOUWILL NEED IT.

I can bet that this will not change your mind so I will give you a few spots to try .

west wind-stright out of point marble head there is a long drawn point come in shallow and drift out jig and shinners or crawler harneses. good spot in the spring.

south wind -north end of catawba island called scott's point all around this point is also pretty good try just west of mouse island it is rocky done good there in the past only a 150 - 200 yards out start there and all around this point quick dropoffs gradual drops what ever you are looking for .

if it is a nice day you can try to troll from catawba island scott's point to the south west side of south bass island then around the south side of south bass island to the south east side of south bass island and back catawba but on your return trip try 1/2 mile east of catawba you will go over a few reefs
    starve reef,and scott point shoal the trip out and back trolling will take a couple hours watch the weather ,wind and wind changes

also if you have problems with your motor dont start, hard to start , stalls out
    or what ever dont take it on erie I'm on a water rescue team and I like to keep it that way Rescue not Recovery please think use your head if you have any dought stay on shore thanks

GOOD LUCK !

BURNIN DAYLIGHT- Conneaut, Ohio
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT

Smile Where & When

Lamberjacks is a Marina right on the mouth of the channel that feeds Fenwick Marina. I believe it is off Humphrey Rd. Go west of Davis Besse and turn north on Humphrey Rd. If you look hard they have a small sign on Rt 2. Make sure everything is in perfect order. Equipment, Boat, Engine, Plug, and a bilge pump is a GREAT idea. It ain't no game this time of year. Life or Death. Out in front is defined as less than 1 mile. You will see boats there. Most everyone starts there, then they move around, but you must stay close to shore. Crane Creek is approx 3 miles west and you can use the shoreline for cover. You must have south winds and if you are out and the wind shifts to the west as it often does!!!!!! Your trip is over. Skee daddle without haste. Start your day at sunrise before the heat of the sun has a chance in increase wind speed. Be careful.

hammerin11 Guest

Ok, you guys have all gotten through to me, I'm going to give up on getting walleye from my boat and I appreciate all the honesty you guys have giving me but, I'm still going to try to catch some perch on very nice days from my boat! Hopefully I will get some offers to go catch walleye from one of you guys and help with the gas,
    Thanks all,
    Gary

Blog Entries

Default Small boat

I too have a small bost 16 ft deep v so I watch the weather very close and stay out in frt. all the replys are words of wisdom from some very experienced men . on rough days we go out in larger boats and still can have a wild ride back in . It has not been mentioned but I believe you can take your car trailer and boat over on the miller ferry this puts you out on the islands with no long haul back to dock its kind of pricey but may be an option .

hammerin11 Guest

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind,
    Gary