Lure Making Tips - Blank selection tips and "Lessons Learned" Lure Making Tips - Blank selection tips and "Lessons Learned" Lure Making Tips - Blank selection tips and "Lessons Learned" Lure Making Tips - Blank selection tips and "Lessons Learned"
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lure Making Tips - Blank selection tips and "Lessons Learned"

I have been getting quite a few questions and messages from people who either just started painting custom baits, or are interested in giving it a shot. I have done presentations in-person on this topic, therefore, I decided to also create a series of articles for anyone who is interested in reading them.

I certainly made plenty of mistakes along the way and learned "the hard way", so maybe I can help others avoid those mistakes as they go on this journey. You may only plan on making a few for yourself, or maybe you have dreams of turning it into a business. Either way, there are things that I have learned along the way that should help. I will warn you, making lures is extremely addictive! Proceed with caution....

Part 1 is focused on lure blanks and is available now at the following link:
    [url=https://slimshadycustoms.com/blogs/news/article-tips-for-painting-your-own-custom-baits-part-1-finding-blanks]Article: Tips for painting your own custom baits, Part 1: https://slimshadycustoms.com/blogs/n...finding-blanks

Here are the other articles that I plan to release over the coming days/weeks, etc.

Part 2: Clear coat options and tips

Part 3: The pros and cons of various lure painting methods (Airbrushes, Spray guns, rattle-cans, etc) and other tips.

Part 4: Turning your hobby into a business: Steps, things to consider, etc.

There may be more beyond those, but that's what I have planned so far.

Cheers! Can't wait to get out on the water and start testing my latest stuff!!
    Last edited by slimshady; 03-04-2022 at 11:51 AM.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)