Walleye for Wounded Heroes fishing with a friend fundraiser Walleye for Wounded Heroes fishing with a friend fundraiser Walleye for Wounded Heroes fishing with a friend fundraiser Walleye for Wounded Heroes fishing with a friend fundraiser

Default Walleye for Wounded Heroes fishing with a friend fundraiser

For those that do not know us, we bring over 125 wounded military, paramedics, police, firemen, and any public servants that have been injured in the line of duty to Lake Erie for 4 days of fishing and camaraderie every year. We are looking for help in keeping these trips at no cost to those who attend. We provide food, lodging, captains, and anything needed for these heroes to have a great time. This is our 10th year running so this year we wanted to try this fundraiser that was made possible by many of the fishermen that help us out with the events. I really cannot say how appreciative we are for their donations of a fishing trip and also for taking our event participants out fishing. We have a way to purchase the tickets online thru the Walleyes for Wounded Heroes web page by clicking on the donate button and the bottom selection is for a raffle ticket. I know many on this ticket are both on this site and you recognize their names. Once you purchase a ticket it will be filled in and a photo emailed to you. If you have any questions or problems let me know.Walleye for Wounded Heroes fishing with a friend fundraiser-w4whticket-jpg

Default Re: Walleye for Wounded Heroes fishing with a friend fundraiser

Got my raffle ticket yesterday!!!

thanks everyone bought helps. we are trying to keep this going strong and even offer more trips in the future. this June is our 10th anniversary in Port Clinton and we expect to have over 100 attendees for 4 days of fun. We are always looking for local restaurant help as we feed all of them over the 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdude64 View Post
    thanks everyone bought helps. we are trying to keep this going strong and even offer more trips in the future. this June is our 10th anniversary in Port Clinton and we expect to have over 100 attendees for 4 days of fun. We are always looking for local restaurant help as we feed all of them over the 4 days.
    I would like to learn more about opportunities to participate and/or help with this event. I see on the website different level sponsors for the event. I would like to learn more about that. I paint custom baits (Bandits, primarily) and would be willing to donate some to the event. I have participated in events like this in the past and it was great. There were several "Vets with Nets" events last year and I was involved in one of those. I donated baits and offered up a free trip as part of their prize packages. Do you have that info, or should I just Google it and go to the website?
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    I would like to learn more about opportunities to participate and/or help with this event. I see on the website different level sponsors for the event. I would like to learn more about that. I paint custom baits (Bandits, primarily) and would be willing to donate some to the event. I have participated in events like this in the past and it was great. There were several "Vets with Nets" events last year and I was involved in one of those. I donated baits and offered up a free trip as part of their prize packages. Do you have that info, or should I just Google it and go to the website?
    best way is email the Ferd here is the contact info of the web site. we are always looking for help and of course donations. the events we run are expensive and we put 100% of donations back into the event.

Walleyes For Wounded Heroes

I just want to say you guys are awesome to make this happen. I lost my son in Iraq, Cpl. Aaron L. Seal USMC 2006 I never served but have the highest respect for ALL that do serve. I know the sacrifice they make and when they come home with wounds either mental or physical we see the sacrifice and for people like you that take time and effort to let them experience a day out on Lake Erie is awesome!! Again thank you all.

I got my ticket a couple weeks ago. Couldn't think of a better way to spend a mere $20!. I sell firewood year long as does my 90 year old father. A week before Christmas a wounded warrior who lost a leg and had multiple other injuries and was new to the area stopped and bought some off my father. On Christmas Eve I backed into his driveway and unloaded a trailer load of wood. When he came outside and said he didn't have money for it. I told him the Santa told me to deliver it to him. We proceeded to have coffee and talk for a bit. The next day him and his wife delivered a fresh loaf of homemade bread to me and my parents. Im thinking a few hours of cutting firewood is a very small price to pay compared to what others have paid. I have since delivered another load from Santa!!

Erie outfitters will now have tickets there for those that want them. the tickets are $20 apiece or 6 for a $100 donation. thanks to Craig at Erie Outfitters and all that bought tickets it really helps our organization to fund these events.

This was such a great charity to donate to. Unbelievably, I won in the very first drawing. So happy and glad to be a part of it!