Introduction Introduction Introduction Introduction

Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

I hope this is not off topic.
    As the year is winding down, I wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone who shared their knowledge and experiences this year.
    I returned home to Lake Erie this year after chasing Bass in the south for 20 years and the last 20 years fishing offshore in the Caribbean.
    Covid convinced us we needed to head back home to be closer to family.

It was a busy and fun year rigging a new boat, but challenging with all the backorders and difficulties getting things. My kicker is still on backorder from last March. NOTE: I hate trolling bags, lol.
    I spent most of this season fine tuning and adapting my style of fishing to Walleye, I am a hard core troller. Slow, slow down and depth control, I had to repeat every day. Walleye just don't hammer the bait or move in the water column like billfish.

It was all of your generous sharing that helped me fine tune and maintain a productive program as we followed the fish through the season.

I can't say thanks without a special shout out to Capt. Juls for the most consistent and thorough programs so freely shared. This is not to minimize anyone else, just a special thanks to her.
    I look forward to paying back next year with our posts of what is and is not working for us.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
    Mike

Default Re: Introduction

That was really nice thank you to the people that post info on this site.You can really get some good pointers on how to catch walleye on this site and OGF.I to have learned alot reading the posts over the years.You never stop learning or trying out new tactics.It always has amazed me on how many different ways people are successfull catching walleye.

Welcome home! You are picking a great time to re-enter the walleye world. The fishing should be amazing for many years to come. I look forward to reading your reports.

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Tiger View Post
    I hope this is not off topic.
    As the year is winding down, I wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone who shared their knowledge and experiences this year.
    I returned home to Lake Erie this year after chasing Bass in the south for 20 years and the last 20 years fishing offshore in the Caribbean.
    Covid convinced us we needed to head back home to be closer to family.

It was a busy and fun year rigging a new boat, but challenging with all the backorders and difficulties getting things. My kicker is still on backorder from last March. NOTE: I hate trolling bags, lol.
    I spent most of this season fine tuning and adapting my style of fishing to Walleye, I am a hard core troller. Slow, slow down and depth control, I had to repeat every day. Walleye just don't hammer the bait or move in the water column like billfish.

It was all of your generous sharing that helped me fine tune and maintain a productive program as we followed the fish through the season.

I can't say thanks without a special shout out to Capt. Juls for the most consistent and thorough programs so freely shared. This is not to minimize anyone else, just a special thanks to her.
    I look forward to paying back next year with our posts of what is and is not working for us.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
    Nice post. Way to go Captain Juls! She is always very generous with her knowledge and information. Cheers!
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Welcome back to balmy northern Ohio. After spending my entire life fishing the north and a recently retirement I'm ready to head south to pick up the slack. Looks to be another banner year on the lake next year. Look forward to hearing about your adventures.