Last chance at brawl Last chance at brawl Last chance at brawl Last chance at brawl

Default Last chance at brawl

I convinced the wifey to drive up to Huron with me today and try chase some big eyes. We didn’t really know where to go, but we started looking for marks just north of the dumping grounds. Searched for about 10 minutes in 41 feet and didn’t paint a single fish. I headed back forwards shore, stopping every 300 yards or so and could not find any significant marks. We repeated this maneuver for about 45 minutes in rough water. We had both had enough and just decided to try in about 35’ a mile south of dumping grounds or so.
    We had six lines out, all bandits and reef runners (chrome is what was working a few weeks ago). We tried all different depths and presentations we could ( snap weights, planers, dipseys, unassisted) and we lucked into 2 18” walleye over the next two hours trolling in 35’ south of dumping grounds.

I don’t know where all the fish went. Two weeks ago I was painting massive schools of fish every time I cut the engine out of Huron.

Oh well, hopefully by next November my wife will forget the cold, very bouncy, slow fishing experience that was today and she will try again.
    Good luck everyone!

Default Re: Last chance at brawl

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnollo View Post
    I convinced the wifey to drive up to Huron with me today and try chase some big eyes. We didn’t really know where to go, but we started looking for marks just north of the dumping grounds. Searched for about 10 minutes in 41 feet and didn’t paint a single fish. I headed back forwards shore, stopping every 300 yards or so and could not find any significant marks. We repeated this maneuver for about 45 minutes in rough water. We had both had enough and just decided to try in about 35’ a mile south of dumping grounds or so.
    We had six lines out, all bandits and reef runners (chrome is what was working a few weeks ago). We tried all different depths and presentations we could ( snap weights, planers, dipseys, unassisted) and we lucked into 2 18” walleye over the next two hours trolling in 35’ south of dumping grounds.

I don’t know where all the fish went. Two weeks ago I was painting massive schools of fish every time I cut the engine out of Huron.

Oh well, hopefully by next November my wife will forget the cold, very bouncy, slow fishing experience that was today and she will try again.
    Good luck everyone!
    You must want to make sure your wife NEVER goes fishing with you again!..... Lake Erie.... late November...cold...windy...big waves...no fish = pissed off wife. Seriously though, you are lucky that she will even go. My wife wouldn't step foot on my boat again if I was going to Erie. She did it once, got sea-sick in about 5 mins, and never did it again.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)