Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021 Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021 Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021 Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021

Default Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021

This morning, I was meeting my crew at Mazurik's at 8:15, but as usual, I was up early and moving, so I left the house early to go and get the boat, gas it up, put ice in the perch cooler, and securing some Emeralds from Hi-Way Bait, before heading over to the ramp.

I showed up an hour early, so I putzed around in the boat, and then talked to others in the get-ready lanes, while I waited on Marc and Grace, who were driving in from the Cleveland area. Thankfully, Marc knows my habits and showed up a 1/2 hour early too.

We launched, and headed towards the Marblehead lighthouse just as the sun was coming up. The big orange ball had the perfect backdrop of a clear blue, yet slightly dark, sky. It was beautiful this morning.

The air temp was around 40 degrees, I think. I didn't actually look at the temp info in my truck, but it was definitely a lot warmer than yesterday morning.

The wind was light out of the south, and forecast to be nothing more than 5-15mph.

I didn't look at the water temp though...sorry.

We set up east of the point, and about 1/3 mile from the nearest boat, after the Humminbird showed some perchy looking marks below us. I deployed the Ulterra with a touch of a button, hit another button and boom...we are "anchored" with the Spot-Lock.

Marc and his daughter Grace are the kind of people that are just happy to be on the lake and fishing, and as Marc says, "The fish are just a bonus to the day", so it just makes the fishing so much more relaxing.

We made the usual monetary bet of a dollar for the first keeper "yellow" to get in the boat. Marc won that one. Then we made a bet on the 30th fish to go in the box, and I won my dollar back. Then Marc said, "Ok, five bucks for a double of keepers...each time". I didn't think anyone was going to get that one, since it was a slow, but steady bite, this morning. However, I was wrong....I did catch a double about an hour later. So, now, I'm up 6 bucks...woot woot!
    Then, we had a dollar bet on the 60th fish, and Marc won that one, so I gave him his dollar back.
    The last bet was for the last fish, and it was worth 5.00 this time. Marc and I each had one coming up at the same time. Mine hit the boat first, so technically I won, but I said, "Your's is bigger, so you win". He laughed, then replied, "It's a draw".
    So, I kept the 5 bucks I had won. Woot! Woot!

We only kept 81 of our 90 perch today, because of time constraints. Grace had to get back home to go to work this afternoon.

The bite was pretty light most of the time...and, most of the time, it just felt like a little more weight on the end, when I would go to jig it a little. If it felt different in any way, I would set the hook, which resulted in more catches than misses.

A bonus was two nice walleye that bit my minnows. One was maybe 3-3 1/2 pounds and the other was just a 17 incher. When you tell Marc, "Get the net"....he jumps... fast! lol Thanks Marc!

All in all, it was a fantastic morning on the water with two good people that I have known for a long time now. A very good day...and, that makes me happy!

I'm off tomorrow, and will be cleaning the boat. I'll be back out walleye fishing on Monday with Rick Baker and his buddy, so we'll probably be going out of Huron again.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021-marc-grace-11-6-20211-jpg Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021-marc-grace-11-6-20216-jpg Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021-marc-grace-11-6-20212-jpg Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021-marc-grace-11-6-20219-jpg Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021-marc-grace-11-6-20218-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Marc and Grace 11/6/2021

Hey Juls how deep of water was that? Those were nice bonus fish.

Sounds like a great trip. I can relate to just enjoying being on the lake, fish are a bonus. But I must admit too often I get caught up in catching a hog or a limit. Love your photos. You have the best office, but I know you have some weather days that aren't so good too. Thanks for your reports and photos throughout the years. I listened to your radio interview with the Wisconsin guys. Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by shouldabeen View Post
    Hey Juls how deep of water was that? Those were nice bonus fish.
    27 feet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    27 feet
    Hi Cap. Another good report as usual! When you bet on the first keeper Perch, and for all your Perch, what is your size standard for keepers? For what it's worth, years past several of the fish cleaning places had a 7" or better rule. They claimed that anything smaller will cause the "scaling machines" to jam up.
    Also, IDEAL weather conditions for the next 2 or 3 days. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hi Cap. Another good report as usual! When you bet on the first keeper Perch, and for all your Perch, what is your size standard for keepers? For what it's worth, years past several of the fish cleaning places had a 7" or better rule. They claimed that anything smaller will cause the "scaling machines" to jam up.
    Also, IDEAL weather conditions for the next 2 or 3 days. Great.
    7 inches
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Great report and great catch. Congrats

Great report Capt. & nice pictures.