10/23 southern Ohio crew report 10/23 southern Ohio crew report 10/23 southern Ohio crew report 10/23 southern Ohio crew report

Default 10/23 southern Ohio crew report

We had a very good trip today out of lorain. We fished 50’ of water and boated a 7 man limit of walleye. A nice mixed bag of male and female fish. We trolled bandits and flicker #9 back 50-120 no weights. And dipsy’s with stinger spoons. Good steady bite but had to battle the waves today. Speed was 2.5-3.0
    10/23 southern Ohio crew report-aeecb0bd-1c41-49e0-9b12-ba4624570e62-jpg10/23 southern Ohio crew report-775fade4-d50e-4dd6-bb56-0702979ac048-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Default Re: 10/23 southern Ohio crew report

I look like your posts. They are helpful and educational. Was surprised by your speed yesterday. Were you trolling with the wind and waves?

If you don't mind me asking, what size stinger spoons are you using? I have the small ones and the 3" that I used for salmon back in the day. I usually run a dipsy when fishing on Lake Erie but never really know what size spoon is most popular. TIA. BTW, we saw your rig at the Huron launch last week in the afternoon. Looking good!

Just one more question, what launch do you use in Lorain? We were there last week and went to the municipal launch by the river. No one was there. Not a single trailer. We saw a launch on the map closer to the mouth but decided not to check it out and we returned to Huron. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by addaline View Post
    Just one more question, what launch do you use in Lorain? We were there last week and went to the municipal launch by the river. No one was there. Not a single trailer. We saw a launch on the map closer to the mouth but decided not to check it out and we returned to Huron. TIA.
    We fish Lorain several times each year and launch at Hot Waters which is at the water treatment plant.
    The Lorain Public Boat Ramp (Hot Waters) is located on First Street at Oberlin Avenue in downtown Lorain. Nice launch in a protected harbor with plenty of parking and no launch fee.

Yes
    [email protected]
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.

Hot waters in Lorain and the small stingers is what I have been using but sometimes the bigger work better depends on what the fish are eating. If the are eating larger bait go with larger spoons. And the only way to troll this day was with the waves they where too large to troll into them for me.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Porkchop View Post
    Hot waters in Lorain and the small stingers is what I have been using but sometimes the bigger work better depends on what the fish are eating. If the are eating larger bait go with larger spoons. And the only way to troll this day was with the waves they where too large to troll into them for me.
    thank you for the reply