Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021 Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021 Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021 Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021

Default Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021

Sorry...this is going to be a short report, because I didn't have time yesterday to get it done, and I'm short on time this morning.

We launched out of Huron at 7:15 yesterday morning, and headed north out of the river. The air temp was 66 degrees, winds were light out of the south, and the water temp was 68 degrees. Skies were partly cloudy with a forecast for some popup showers around 9am.

We ran out to the dump and set up in 40 feet of water and set the Ulterra on a course to the NNE, towards deeper water, at a speed of 2.2mph.

It's basically the same program I ran two days prior with Bandits behind Off Shore boards, with 20z weights on one side of the boat, and unassisted Bandits on the other side of the boat. We dialed in the unassisted side to 120 back, and put them all at that depth, since every fish caught on that side was hitting that outside board at 120 back. Once we moved the two inside baits down too, they started catching too.

The dipsey program wasn't working as well as it did two days ago, but we did catch some on them.

We caught around 30 fish, but only 18 of those were keepers, so we went in with only three of our four-person limits.

The rain did show up around 9am, and I tried to stay north of it as it passed, but we did end up catching the edge of it and got rained on. It was a good thing they all brought their rain gear, because it was more than just a sprinkle. lol

Dean, Scott, and Randy, who came down from Wisconsin last Friday with their own boat, had similar success out of Huron the day before. They wanted to fish with me to learn some tips and tricks with the planer boards, and wanted to learn how to run the dipsies, because they had never run them before, but wanted to. They mentioned they were nervous about trying them on their own, because they were afraid of tangles. They learned how easy it was to run them and were planning on buying some for their next adventure out.

I'm still having an issue with my 36V battery system draining superfast, so it wasn't the battery charger that got changed out the other day, after all...it's something else. Hopefully, the culprit can be found and rectified this afternoon, or tomorrow, because I have two perch trips Thursday and Friday, and I need that Ulterra's Spot Lock to last out there! Fingers crossed!
    (And, before someone tells me I need to buy new batteries....no, it's not the batteries themselves....they are the Odyssey Extreme 31 AGMs...and, they are in great condition, and less than a year old! lol).

Gotta run....have a great day!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021-dean-scott-randy-10-4-2021a-jpg Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021-dean-scott-randy-10-4-20213-jpg Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021-dean-scott-randy-10-4-20214-jpg Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021-dean-scott-randy-10-4-20211-jpg Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021-dean-scott-randy-10-4-202111-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Dean, Scott, and Randy 10/4/2021

I know you posted do not bring up the battery’s. But did you load test them. I had one two year old battery that one of the cells went out. I guess from boat vibrations.

Jules, check all the cable connections, especially between the batteries and also all the way to the Ulterra. bad connections eat energy

The best of batteries can go bad.
    Last edited by badboards; 10-05-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
    I know you posted do not bring up the battery’s. But did you load test them. I had one two year old battery that one of the cells went out. I guess from boat vibrations.
    Yes, they were load tested. Thanks for the input though.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Maybe bad armature in lower unit of trolling motor?

Best of luck, dang electrical problems can be tricky.