9-29, G Can Perch on the Range 9-29, G Can Perch on the Range 9-29, G Can Perch on the Range 9-29, G Can Perch on the Range
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 9-29, G Can Perch on the Range

Fished south of here Wednesday, crew of 3. NE light breeze that died out, then picked up later in the afternoon. Had a slow pick all day, started fishing at 8:30, bite seemed to be picking up when we were leaving at 3:00. Biggest perch was 12.25", with 4- 11" plus sized ones also. Ended with 56 perch at 21#.

A Pack of boats was fishing, starting near the SE corner curve of the range and points North. Looked to be about 20 boats here. Neighbors tried here yesterday and caught 23 Perch, crew of 3.

Really, Really, was a beautiful day on the lake!!!

Default Re: 9-29, G Can Perch on the Range

Guess I went the wrong direction. Was gonna try D can but thought the water would be more clear east and all the bait shops said it was hit and miss blaming the weather. I went to marble head. Small pack but little action. Caught 7 perch 1 was 11.5 and 2 small walleye that was returned.
    Last edited by badboards; 10-01-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Fished 1 mile west of G Saturday. Slow start but they turned on around 930. Back at the dock at 1130. Nice fish. 11 pounds at the cleaner. Lots of boats around me early but they moved too soon. Fished same area with son in law Sunday but it was much slower but again nice fish including a 13" fish Ohio. Stopped at 1 with 41 fish that weighed 14-1/2 at cleaner.

How long will them fish stay there. I want to get up there 1 more time.

I have fished there with success the past 4 years into the first weekend of nov.

How was the water clarity, been a couple days since the last clear satellite pic. I was going to hit the D can area last Friday but since I trailer I went west because the water looked clearer than say the east side of the range to the islands.

Quote Originally Posted by dunn782 View Post
    How was the water clarity, been a couple days since the last clear satellite pic. I was going to hit the D can area last Friday but since I trailer I went west because the water looked clearer than say the east side of the range to the islands.

I fished D can on Saturday and the fish that were there must have moved after the last blow. I didn't get any good marks. Moved around several times up to about a mile north or south of the can. Finished with 11. I never found the good schools I was seeing a few weeks ago. Only spotty marks here and there.

Fished here this Wednesday and Thursday. Neighbors boat, crew of 4 each day. South of can again. 104 perch on Wednesday, big one 11.5”, ran out of bait,
    Had 6 scoops, went to half minnows when we realized we were low, then searching the cooler for some. Another neighbor limited near us, so he brought his remaining shiners to us but the bite stopped. 32#

Thursday: near same area, under 3 hour limit. Largest was 11”. At the gas dock before noon. 36# Would have been more selective if we knew the bite would continue……

Dansdad, have not seen ya for awhile at the gas dock, perhaps next season?

Thanks Hudson. I'll be there Monday and Tuesday. Who has emeralds and how deep is it there.

I was in Canada for a couple weeks. I was perchin 2 weeks ago and did well. I plan on a couple more trips up starting next weekend weather permitting.