lookin for the eyes??? lookin for the eyes??? lookin for the eyes??? lookin for the eyes???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Kybuckhunter Guest

Default lookin for the eyes???

I am coming up from kentucky this saturday, I will be launching from castaway harbor across from johnson island in sandusky bay. Anybody have any advice on where the eyes are around this area? I would really appreciate any advice! I catch and release all walleye, I just like to catch em'!!

HOPING FOR A GOOD WEEK!!

THANKS ALL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Eyes Location

You might want to troll or drift the south passage. some of the females have spawned out and that's usually the escape route & there is good forage there also. You should run over to the reefs and do some jigging. It's allot fun and action. The majority of fisherman are there nailing jacks off the beds. It's prime time. You'll catch em for sure. You can also troll the north side of the reefs for lunkers.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Kybuckhunter Guest

Default thanks jig

Thanks jig for giving me some info on the whereabout of some eyes. Its very helpful to me since I dont get to come up very often and fish. I usually troll around the lighthouse reef and the rock pile. I dont know a whole lot about the lake but I'm trying to figure it out as I go.
    Thanks again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile A Good Map

If ya have a good map? One that show lats & lons you can pin point the locations with your GPS Navigate screen & watch the numbers change to direct you on the best course. It is worth the trip to the reefs. I'm confident you'll get the skunk off quickly and have a great time.

Bring your favorite breading and oil. There's nothing wrong with eating a few. We call the 16" ers Bun Fish cuz that's where they are heading. Right between two buns. LOL

Good Luck and Good Fishing

walleyewacker Guest

Default kybuckhunter

Do not waste you time over in Sandusky bay. Head right over to the reefs. You can put in at Wild Wings marina, idle out less than 1 mile a catch fish. 75% of all wallleye in Lake Erie are in about 150 sg mile area right there. The females have not moved to the south Paassage yet, maybe in another week. To locate fish, just use the jerkinitis technique, see a boat net a fish, then get downwind of them and start fishing. LOL Don't forget your favorite breading and oil and the buns, because you will be have fish sandwiches in short order. OH those 16 inches, we call them dinks,but some guys call them trophies!!! LOL. Don't forget that map, plenty important to have. LOL. Wouldn't you need only 1 bun for a sandwich?? Jerk states between 2 buns?? I think that would be 1 bun split in half, not 2 buns, which would equal 4 buns by jerks math.LOL.LOL.LOL. This fellow is from KY, don't want to confuse him.

Kybuckhunter Guest

Default thanks guys!

Thanks jig and wacker for the info, I really appreciate it! If I catch any I'll take some pics and post them up when I get back. As far as the 2 buns go wacker I belive jig was right, you got a top bun and a bottom bun therefore ya got 2 buns! LMAO

Thanks again!!!