Rocking in NE Rollers 9/3 Rocking in NE Rollers 9/3 Rocking in NE Rollers 9/3 Rocking in NE Rollers 9/3

Default Rocking in NE Rollers 9/3

Were hoping to fish this weekend and was watching the NE blow Forcast,and when it was going to end.Looked like Saturday was going to be a better day than Friday,but John had some lame anniversary plans with his wife Saturday.Got up at 430 and there was 6ftrs at the Bouy.I text john if wanted to delay our departure and only got a "No".By the time I got to boat the waves had gone down to 4ftrs.Left the CIC and passed Kellies on south side to get some lee.At least John didn't pound us and we slowly headed NE into the rollers.Saw one smaller boat ahead of us actually turn around.We arrived at weather Bouy at 8am and not another boat in sight.By then the rollers were around 3ftrs.Watched the sonar and saw good marks and turned around to troll downwind.Set out 4 inline boards with 3 bandits and a Yazuri from 100-150 with 2oz and two dipseys on 3 setting with a blackness wonderbread worm burner and a #7 jointed flicker shad.Was a tough bite.Took us 6hrs to catch 12 fish from 16-25".Caught zero junk and released about 6 shorts.Never found an active pod or hot lure/ lead.Just caught a fish here and there.I kept the worm burner on the whole time from 85-100 and caught a few.The blue Yazuri also was on the whole time at 50/2oz/50 more and caught a few.The other lines I kept changing leads,colors and lures.Saw some marks pretty high so put out a bandit at 100 with no sinker and caught a keeper after 15 min.Put back out and another on other side and not another fish.But the winds diminished all day and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.Took us 1.5hrs to drive out but our fish weighed 32lbs at cleaners.There was no grass but visablity was around 3ft with the algae mixed down in water.By end of day maybe 5 boats were in the area.

Default Re: Rocking in NE Rollers 9/3

Bob Is that buoy NE of Kelly's. What size boat are you in. I've been waiting for a good satellite image of the lake. Does the algae bloom hurt the fishing seems you did alright.

The weather Bouy or NOAA Bouy 45005 is located on Canadian border at 40/23.Where the line changes direction.Its 17miles off shore between vermillion and Lorain.Look up the Bouy number on your phone and save it.It gives you current conditions of the lake.Wind speed,gusts and direction.Air and water temp and wave height.
    John has a 28ft Sea Ray.

Gotcha. I am coming up next week and was gonna perch fish but I might give the walleye a try.
    Last edited by badboards; 09-06-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Will trolling shallow work in the fall before long. I know you said casting weapon's is good around reef's in another post last week. Is there a water temperature to look for.
    Last edited by badboards; 09-08-2021 at 04:03 PM.

The fish will come up in water column as water cools for trolling.In fall,not a specific water temp I'm looking for.Last week just saw some high marks on sonar and bait up high too.Sure the fish were targeting the bait.Have done well in past casting on Gull starting third week of September.