What is your best PERCH Recipe? What is your best PERCH Recipe? What is your best PERCH Recipe? What is your best PERCH Recipe?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is your best PERCH Recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    I actually just had walleye for dinner. I'll be out next week for perch. I remember this subject from last year. Somebody had the recipe for the sauce that the village pump on Kelly's island uses for their perch basket. Wish I had wrote it down. Maybe they will see this.
    I hope so! I was surprised that there was not a thread for recipes... with all the fish being caught :-)

Blog Entries

Tacos sound good too! Wish this wind would die down, i need to stock my freezer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wkndwarrior63 View Post
    Perch easy. Dust with seasoned flour, next egg wash, then into panko crumbs, put on a cookie sheet. Most important let sit for a half hour to absorb. Deep-fry till golden brown . Great thing is when warmed up next day, taste as good as first cooked. I've even frozen left overs,and reheated weeks later.
    Thanks! I'll add this to my list to try :-)

Perch easy. Dust with seasoned flour, next egg wash, then into panko crumbs, put on a cookie sheet. Most important let sit for a half hour to absorb. Deep-fry till golden brown . Great thing is when warmed up next day, taste as good as first cooked. I've even frozen left overs,and reheated weeks later.
    We bread our perch and walleye exact same way and works great.Use the propane frier for our family fish fry.Temp 375 and in Canola or peanut oil for 90 sec.Another way would have Jolly Roger cook them for us too.

We did perch tacos, last week wife was impressed. My dad had them on Saturday before at marblehead, so we decided to them at home. FYI his 3 tacos were 14.95 , I didn't have that much in a meal for 4, with leftovers.

I have them many different ways. Sometime fry the filets nice and crispy, sometimes sautéed in butter with some Old Bay seasoning, sometimes I used brined and smoked filets, but my favorite regardless of how the fish is prepared it to top off the taco with a healthy squirt of Garlic, Citrus (lime), Dill and Mayo Aoli sauce. I also sometimes like to use chopped cabbage and radishes for some extra crunch instead of lettuce and salsa.

Blog Entries

Season flour. Dip in egg wash. Roll and pat in Panko or crushed Soda Crackers. Let rest 15 min. in one layer to set up. Deep or Pan fry. Consider keeping the breading simple, lightly seasoned only, the Perch is the "star" of the show.

Perch chowder. 1 lb perch filets, 4 potatoes diced, 1 onion diced, 2 stalks celery diced, 1 can cream of celery soup, 3 cans evaporated milk, 1 can Rotell tomatoes, 2 cups water, 1 tsp seasoned salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 lb Velveeta cheese cubed. Put in crockpot for 6 to 8 hours on low. I cut up filets before putting in crocpot ,breaks down into flakes that way. Even better warmed up next day. Son adds hot sauce to it. Enjoy on a cold day.

Perch chowder. 1 lb perch filets, 4 potatoes diced, 1 onion diced, 2 stalks celery diced, 1 can cream of celery soup, 3 cans evaporated milk, 1 can Rotell tomatoes, 2 cups water, 1 tsp seasoned salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 lb Velveeta cheese cubed. Put in crockpot for 6 to 8 hours on low. I cut up filets before putting in crocpot ,breaks down into flakes that way. Even better warmed up next day. Son adds hot sauce to it. Enjoy on a cold day.
    Damn. That sounds good. Ever try it with walleye instead of perch?

Yeah I did we were , on a fly in trip in Canada, and used 15 to 16 inch walleye. Can also add a 8 oz chunk of cream cheese, which really adds another layer of richness,