Never give up on a mistake Never give up on a mistake Never give up on a mistake Never give up on a mistake

Default Never give up on a mistake

Was out fishing with my son today. He was reeling in a fish , when his second pole got a bite and shot over the side of boat. He frantically casted his first pole over and over trying to snag his pole, which was a xmas gift from his fiancee . No luck at all. Was going to make a call to her 10min after incident when I hooked into a 5lb sheephead with my sons perch rig on it, and his pole on other end. Needless to say he was one happy fisherman. Lol

Default Re: Never give up on a mistake

Great story. Similar thing happened to me earlier in the year. Was drifting near Niagara and caught a decent walleye. Turned to put it in the cooler and heard a noise. Turned just in time to see my 2nd pole go overboard. I immediately cast 2 poles upwind and let them go to bottom. 20 seconds later one of them started to bend. Set the hook and slowly cranked it in. I had hooked the handle 2" up from the end. And it still had a 18" sheep on the other end. Perhaps the same thief that tried to steal yours!!!!

Default Re: Never give up on a mistake

great stories guys