Went fishing with my buddy John yesterday.Left the CIC at 6:15 and headed out to weather Bouy.Was fast comfortable run on the the way out though.As going east down the line noticed small pack of boats in distance.Thought it odd, a pack would form so early,since sun had not risen yet.Turned out they were 5 Canadian commercial boats setting their nets.As got closer noticed the flags were right on the line.So moved south to avoid the nets.
Set our lines the same as 2wks ago.Had 4 dipsies with double willow harnesses and bandits on 2 inline boards.Ran blue chrome bandit at 50/2oz and 100 more for total of 150.The harnesses worked great 2wks ago.Enough to sort for size.But yesterday they caught 3 keepers all day.The bandits caught most of the fish yesterday.By noon we only had 6 fish and John announced 10 min and we're done.Luckily we caught a fish,then another and another.We got our last 6 in like 45 min.We really did not catch much junk or shorts either and one 13lb cat.I should have swapped out the lines and ran 4 boards,but the boards were not catching much either.I was working the dipsies to get something to work,but nothing helped.Leads different color blades,flicker shad and a shallow crank.Our fish weighed 31lbs at cleaners.Had some bug and flies to contend with also,but was nice to not get bounced around all day.