Trying for perch sat Trying for perch sat Trying for perch sat Trying for perch sat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trying for perch sat

Can anyone help me with the weather tomorrow? Im seeing 1 to 3 waves. Planning on heading out of catawba towards g can. In a 24 foot deep haul. Am i pretty accurate on the weather? Ive been up in 3 and it wasnt bad. Just dont want to drive 3 hours to not be able to get out

Default Re: Trying for perch sat

Last Friday the forecast was for 1' or less and I went out and ran into whitecaps. Solid 3' waves. I don't ever trust the NDBC forecast. Use Windfinder or another app. If it's bumpy out there when you come up you could try around Green. I've caught fish in that area recently. I don't have any reports on G can. There were a ton of boats fishing off of the NW tip of Catawba also, but I have no idea why they were all there. I didn't mark a thing in that area. Never dropped anchor.

Saturday the wind is out of the North at 20 knot's in the afternoon. You will have solid 3 footers. I wouldn't go out but that's just me.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

iwindsurf says 12-15mph out of the north at 8am Saturday (Middle Bass Island station), steadily declining the rest of the morning and down to 5mph by mid afternoon. You should be fine, especially after say 10am. Shoreline stations are even lower.

Middle Bass Island | Complete Wind Report & Forecast | iWindsurf

Yes! Exactly what West Basin said. Just remember, they are just forecasts and can change…….

I appreciate it. Being so far its hard to want to chance it to get up there and have to trun around and drive back. Im comfortable in 3 footers but not much more. Just trying to get a feel of what others thought about tomorrow

Just looked at my IWindsurf and have 14 to 15mph out NE then diminishing to 11mph out NE.So you have at least 3ftrs middle of day and possibly more.But lake looks like not laying down Saturday later in day.

Has anyone heard of anyone catching perch by toledo intake. I think the waves are supposed to be a little lighter over that way

Agree bob. I have a 17 foot boat. So I'm real careful about coming up to anything that resembles 3 footers. I'm 3 hours away and it can really ruin the day me.
    Last edited by badboards; 08-13-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC10 View Post
    Has anyone heard of anyone catching perch by toledo intake. I think the waves are supposed to be a little lighter over that way
    perch have been biting by the intake. Great Lakes Buoys. This buoy is just off the intake. Real time data.