Fishing with a Massive Hangover Fishing with a Massive Hangover Fishing with a Massive Hangover Fishing with a Massive Hangover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fishing with a Massive Hangover

Fished this past Saturday with my buddy Tom who has a place on Johnson Island.Was supposed to leave dock at 7am with his 2 sons.I arrived around 630 to assemble the rods and Tom told me one son wasn't coming because he wanted to sleep in.His other son,Andrew was going to be late.So Andrew shows up eventually and leave the dock at 830.We headed ENE,into the residual NE rollers from the night before and was bumpier than expected.Got to where we wanted to fish and started setting bags and rods.Andrew had been laying down on ride out,but he got up and threw up into the garbage can,then laid back down and slept again.
    Set out 4 dipseys,all with double willow worm harnesses
    @ 50 and 65 on 1 setting and 70 and 85 on 3 setting.All four rods were catching fish initially and had difficult time keeping them in the water with no help.I eventually was able to get out a bandit on a board,but soon that board got burried and took us a while to bring in a huge sheephead.I then retired the boards and just worked the dipseys.We ended up with 17/35lbs in around 5hrs.Caught alot of white bass/perch and shorts too.
    Andrew did not reel in or net a single fish.Help drive boat for a couple minutes on 2 fish.He threw up several times and slept the rest of the time.He hardley even talked to us.I have had my share of hangovers while fishing,but i always found a way to fish through it.Guess these millenials are not tough enough anymore.

Default Re: Fishing with a Massive Hangover

Well at least he could have had the decency to chum overboard instead of in the garbage can. I bet them rollers really gave him a good work over.. Poor little fella.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

So he didnt reel in any fish? And you kept 17 walleyes hum only supposed to keep 6 a piece!Every one is only allowed 6 to reel in just because you have 3 people dont mean you can keep more.If hes not fishing.

QUCH......That really wasn't called for!!!!

really that's what you got out of this report.i see these charter boats posting pic of limits from their customers and their limit every day.you think the captain reels in their own fish.unreal

Back in the day when all the charters were casting the Captain & First Mate usually caught half or better everything taken for the day.

They just don’t make em like they used to Bob. Thanks for the report.

I'm sure Tinman knows how people troll and keep a boat limit.Think he may not have liked my millenial dig.It probably have happened to alot of us,when people show up late to fish and are not much help on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tinman View Post
    So he didnt reel in any fish? And you kept 17 walleyes hum only supposed to keep 6 a piece!Every one is only allowed 6 to reel in just because you have 3 people dont mean you can keep more.If hes not fishing.
    You really think everyone on the boat has to reel in their 6 fish, and their 6 fish only? There are PLENTY who take along a wife/gf/friend to get an extra 6 fish... And the wife/gf/friend never touches any tackle. As long as they're on the boat, they count as another limit

There was quite a discussion on "boat limits" on the thread started by jjan 1976 walleye report 7-13 7-14 in 2013. The gist was "boat limit" does not exist as far as DOW is concerned. Only 6 per person actually fishing can be kept. I know some fisherpeople do that to get limits for everybody but it is not legal. Check the thread. Putting a statement in hard copy like itsbob did is an open invitation to game wardens. Not arguing, just providing info.