Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021 Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021 Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021 Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021

Default Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021

Today was day two of two for my crew from Iowa. Yesterday, Kevin and Rich were quick learners on setting the dipsies, but the fish were less enthusiastic on biting. We did a later launch out of Vermilion, and found fish, but they were tight to the bottom most of the day, so we only manage a two-man limit, instead of the three we were allowed.

Dipsies, set on zero ran between 55 and 65 back. Baits running behind the 3 setting were at 80 and 91 back. Speed was 2.3-2.7mph. We ran the trough of 2-3 foot waves, caused by wind from the WNW. It was around 13mph when we headed out, but had calmed down quite a bit by 2:30 in the afternoon.

Overnight, the winds were calm, so the lake had time to calm down. The forecast for this morning, was light winds from the SSE. It would be calm when we headed out...pick up a little for a couple of hours, and then lay back down for the rest of the day.

We hit Mazurik's at 5:45 and were headed out of the breakwall by 6am. The sky was partly cloudy on the rim of the earth, but otherwise, clear. Another beautiful sunrise was shared on the water, and it gave hope to a fun morning.

We finally set down about 16 miles to the ENE, where the Solix showed some good fish below us. Again, they were close to the bottom, but not quite as tight as they were yesterday, so I was hopeful it would be a better bite this morning.

Kevin and Rich knew the routine, so it was a lot easier to get going with the set-up. We started with what worked yesterday, and it wasn't long before the first dipsey set on zero/65 started bouncing with the telltale sign of, "fish on!".

The black/chrome Ripplin Redfin ran on three dipsies and the other was a "Gold Digger" Yaleye Mooneye Minnow. The Gold Digger consistently caught the largestof the eaters that we kept, but the Black/Chrome took the most. The Red Headed Wonderbread Yeck spoon caught as soon as it was put out too....though, typically, smaller fish.

It turned out to be a great morning. Kevin and Rich had fun setting lines and reeling in fish, and best of all....just relaxing, and enjoying the great weather. The conversation was much more fun today, than yesterday, too. Familiarity, opens people up a little more, I think. They are planning on coming back in the spring, to try for some pre-spawn piggies, so that makes me happy.

Tomorrow, I have a group of 2 or 3, for walleye. I wish it was perch, but everyone still wants walleye, so I patiently wait to fish for my little friends....deep sigh.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021-kevin-rich-august-3-20212-jpg Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021-kevin-rich-august-3-20213-jpg Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021-kevin-rich-august-3-20216-jpg Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021-kevin-rich-august-3-20214-jpg Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021-kevin-rich-august-3-20215-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Kevin and Rich 8/2-3/2021

16mi ENE of Mazurik. Is that in the vicinity of the dumping grounds that are West of the Sandbar?