Perch Caller Perch Caller Perch Caller Perch Caller
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perch Caller

Blog Entries

Default Re: Perch Caller

but on the serious side the motor running while anchored does work not sure why. I also heard of dropping a large 1 gallon glass mason jar filled with water and a few shinners the perch see the shiners but cant get them it drives them crazy then when you drop your line down they hit it with a furry. I am going to try it next time Im perching and it gets slow and cant get a good song on the radio

I have used mine for years, I think it helps sometimes.Perch Caller-perch-caller-jpg

How does yours work 5285. Does it have something tied inside the pipe so that it makes noise.

Sets on the bottom, wave action lifts and drops the plunger, makes a banging sound.Perch Caller-bell-jpg

I don't know if the motor running actually attracts perch, it certainly doesn't adversely effect them. What it does do is keep the walleye from swimming through and shutting down the bite.

I believe the motor running does trigger the bite. I say that because I've pulled up to spots to anchor and fish and have watched people reeling in a catch and then nothing.

We have video of us pounding on side of our aluminum boat and immediately catching perch. Have observed it many times.

Much the same effect as running the motor, I found music doing the same thing. Found over the last 20 years perch like the Rolling Stones.

If you see a guy yanking on a perch Caller banging on the side of a boat and playing Beast of Burden with his motor running. That will be me.😂
    Last edited by badboards; 07-30-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    If you see a guy yanking on a perch Caller banging on the side of a boat and playing Beast of Burden with his motor running. That will be me.😂
    😂🤣😂