Perch Caller Perch Caller Perch Caller Perch Caller
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perch Caller

Default Perch Caller

Someone told me last year on this site about letting your motor run to get the perch to start biting. So I decided to take this seriously this year. I read a article about perch fishing and they talk about perch callers. I'm gonna make one of these and try it out this year. It will be sort of a wind chime for the water by tying some pipe to a rope and sending it down. Has anyone ever given this a try and does it work.

Default Re: Perch Caller

I fish the headboats out of Port Clinton over the years and the captains on those boats always leave the motor running when they're purch fishing. They swear it attacks the fish.

Ditto on perch head boats.Have seen captains running engine for a while after we anchor.Wind/water chimes not.

The old timers claim they work. I saw a couple at The Happy Hooker they were selling for @29+ and I decided to make one today and just getting ready to paint it.
    I don't do a lot of perch fishing but when I do I will see if it works.

I've seen guys leaving their engines running once they set anchor. It's another way of "chumming". Think of it as a way of saying "we're here, come get some tasty shiners"

I will have an advantage this year. My minn kota ipilot has made fishing a game changer trolling for walleye it should come in handy moving around looking for perch mark's on the Lowrance. Haven't used spot lock yet either that will be a bonus.

I always leaving my motor running when I first anchor until the bite starts. If the bite slows or stops I will start it again. Sometimes the bite restarts immediately.

Blog Entries

I don't know about the perch caller but once we hit a slow period on a charter so we asked the captain to turn on the radio started getting a station out of Detroit and a song came on and we all started singing "my girl" and exchanged girl for
    "fish" the fish bite resumed immediately.

Perch love some Motown. They would grow feet and run if I broke out the singing. Don't think I'll try that one. But that is a crazy story.

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    I don't know about the perch caller but once we hit a slow period on a charter so we asked the captain to turn on the radio started getting a station out of Detroit and a song came on and we all started singing "my girl" and exchanged girl for
    "fish" the fish bite resumed immediately.
    That's great! 😂