Perch Caller Perch Caller Perch Caller Perch Caller
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Perch Caller

Default Re: Perch Caller

We have used shallot bags which is like a fine onion bag with frozen minnows. Put a rock in it and tie it off. I don't think it helps a lot. Not like it's automatic. Not worth the hassle. I understand the sediment concept. I like to bounce off the bottom at times thinking just that, stir up the bottom and get some attention. I have heard of the perch call. The guy I knew called it a perch bong. Never bought the concept. I agree with west basin find them and learn to feel the bite.

Running the motor for a few minutes works. It attracted 3 of the 8 fish. The rolling stones worked 2 of 3 songs. Tuesday I only caught 8 yellow perch 3 sheep and 1 white perch in 2 hours. I fished 1 mile west of Catawba state park ramp in 20 feet of water using 1 inch emeralds from Jenettes bait. None stayed alive trying to hook them. Out fished a boat from Green island area and the other 100 yards from me. So I owe those who replied to my post. My boat wouldn't run so had to stay close. Piece's of my fuel pump gasket was breaking down and clogging my fuel jet. Carbs are being rebuilt tomorrow. Hopefully the new pump isn't made in China. Wasn't very productive be back at it in a couple of weeks.

Way back in the 1980's I fished a few times with Captain Lee Wenger "The Saucey Tomato" Out of Sandusky Bay. He kept a bleach bottle on board that was covered with 3/8 holes I'd say they were, and it was weighted. He called it his chum bottle. Lee would stop at the fish cleaners and fill his gallon bottle with fish goop then he tied a rope to it and let it out just off the bottom. He would give it a shake now than then. We always did well on the perch. Lee was older back then so I am not sure what is up with him now. Very nice man. I am convinced his method works.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium