Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Toledo water intake and west ( perch)

Another great day on the water. Perch quality is incredible. Limit out north of intake again 24 ft of water . 9s and 10s . 3hrs. Just under 11lbs at Butch and Dennys, for my 30. Going again tomorrow. Heard that bigger ones are in 8 to 12 ft in am might start there. Will post my results for this area, please join in on your results water intake and west to the and toledo shipping channel. Thx to all.

Default Re: Toledo water intake and west ( perch)

Perch are biting all over the western basin picked up nice quality fish in 25-26 ft of water B can area too

Perch fished on Saturday about mile east of intake. Got a late start my buddy didn't get off work until 8:30. Which worked out better anyway cause we missed the morning rain. First stop was about a mile east of intake in 23 FOW. Caught few nice ones moved about 500 yards southwest nice marks picked a few more and a bonus 19" walleye. Moved in closer to shore to about 19-20 Fow. The wind really started to blow and the sky looked like crap, then the Perch turned on. We caught about thirty in about half hour and another walleye. Ended up with 42 nice Perch. Probably could say there and finished our limit but I didn't trust the look of the sky and we came in

No go for fishing this weekend for me. My lower unit reservoir was filled with water. Talked to a mercruiser technician, said I more than likely had a seal go out. Said that's why mercruiser put reservoir on so you would see when you would have issues. Older than 2000 models you wouldn't know until you have issues or drained unit in fall. Just a FYI. I check out every other outing my fluids and motor belts and hoses. So pulling out and rebuilding lower unit, checking gumball bearing and bellows. Keep on perchin

Got a 2 man yesterday evening near Bouy 9 on the shipping channel. Didn’t hit the water until 4. 26 fow. Spreaders w/ no bling. Let the rig sit on bottom then a slow lift off the bottom would trigger the bite. Huge emeralds from Bite Me, was pinching them in half. Only 2 farm animals. Not another boat in sight. Beautiful sunset ride in.

Fished in pack of boats south west of intake 17 ft of water. No bite for a half hour, picked up and went to intake south side of it , caught a dozen nice 10 inchers, handful of throwbacks, and farm animals. Fished for 3hrs. Lots of fish marked, just not fast bite.

Wow what a day. Went to shipping channel not a bite first half hour. Left headed east. Heard they were catching them 2miles east of intake in 22ft of water. Wow 2 10s at same time 5mins into stopping there. Ran out of bait, but had frozen shiners in cooler. Got my limit by 11am. Only 2 junk fish, lots of 10s, last fish was 12inch and took a huge shiner.lol

Slow today went to pack of boats southwest of intake 17ft of water. Started 8am had 20 by 930 and shut off, pack of boats dispersed, went out to 22ft straight out, great marks on screen, but only caught 5 more to 11. Today was alot warmer then yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by wkndwarrior63 View Post
    Wow what a day. Went to shipping channel not a bite first half hour. Left headed east. Heard they were catching them 2miles east of intake in 22ft of water. Wow 2 10s at same time 5mins into stopping there. Ran out of bait, but had frozen shiners in cooler. Got my limit by 11am. Only 2 junk fish, lots of 10s, last fish was 12inch and took a huge shiner.lol
    Just curious as to what kind of rigs you're using, spreaders, single hook off sinker, tangle free rigs? Also, are you fishing right on the bottom?
    Sounds like you've got the magic touch. Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Spreaders, no bling, 2cranks off bottom, key is bait. Shiners rule..... Have been getting about half shiners to chubs at bait shop. Sat was last one to get minnows at B and Ds, she gave me alot of dead ones, but they were shiners. And caught fish, actually I got my limit on sat with them forgot to post it. I freeze my extra shiners from July when their abundant, freezer bag no water, put in ice with fish till I need them. Which I did on sat, ran out of bait with 5 to go. Was cutting them in 3s, frozen larger shiners. Last fish caught I said what the hell put 2 large ones on and caught a12incher to make my limit.