Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Toledo water intake and west ( perch)

Quote Originally Posted by Ted33 View Post
    For what it's worth, I soak my unused emeralds in cheap vodka overnight then drain and freeze them in ziplock sandwich bags. I used a bag of them yesterday. The perch love them and they don't get mushy at all, even after being thawed out.
    Reply:
    1 Way to keep left over Shiners:
    Freeze them in a plastic bag, no Water. Sprinkle in some salt....enough to coat them. Put in the freezer. In a few days they'll sort of "mummify". These stay on the hook a lot longer because the fish is almost leather like. I'll catch 3 or 4 fish before I have to re-hook.

First time back on water, in a while honey due list was done , while on vacation. Went tonight after work, started to the west of intake in close 16ft of water, with pack of boats. Not even a nibble after 15 mins. Went east 18ft of water in front of Cooley canal and fishing pier. Non stop action for a hour and 15 min. Ended up with 25 perch, no junk fish. Only a handful of throwbacks. FYI got shiners at butch and Dennys, one word being nice, baby size, half inch, really. Bite was so fast said to hell with those and got my frozen shiners out, and worked great. Perch wanted something cold tonight. Shiner Popsicles...

Tonight fish were tight lipped. Marked large schools of fish . 2 1/2 hours, 14 fish, 8 to 10s, 5lbs. 1 mile West of intake 18ft of water. Had goldies for live bait, frozen shiners didn't change anything either. Alot more small fish today throwbacks, but even they stopped biting.

2 man limit yesterday (Friday) morning. We were between the intake and a pack further west and south, all alone. Worked off an old way point on my GPS, 20 ft of water. Sat down and never moved. Had emeralds from Butch and Denny's. Mix of sizes but a lot of really small ones. Oddly seemed like they preferred the tiny ones. Was never up and down but steady. Took about 3 hours, 22 lbs at the cleaner. We were wondering how the pack did. Didn't seem like a lot of boats moving but also didn't see many head in before us. We started about 8 finished about 11.

We were in the pack just before the lighthouse in 16 FOW. Slow going. Moved 2 bouy past lighthouse to 24 FOW with no luck. 3 poles in the water and didn't even fill 1 ticket. Lots of smalls.

Well today was a bust for me. 3 moves fish at every spot , screen showed good marks. Caught 2 throwbacks. Has to be 200 boats south west of intake. Just as many east of intake down by crane creek. Had goldies maybe that was issue. No frozen shiners left in freezer to try.

Started out in the same huge pack weekend warrior mentioned out by the intake and was really slow. Moved to the lighthouse and still slow. Decided to ditch the deeper water and moved shallower in 11-12ft of water by Turtle Island and limited out within 2 hrs there.

Went out 10/10 at noon after rain, to intake only 10 boats, little windy with 1 to 3s. 3 man limit in 4 hours. Definitely shiners made the difference from Saturday had goldies and out for 12 hours only 54 . 1.5 miles east and just a little bit north of intake perch are in the mud just get weight out of mud with 15 inch leaders on spreaders, the fish where on before got to bottom 8 to 11 inch great times.

What a beautiful day on the lake yesterday. But just like Saturday it started very slow. Started at 12ft pack of boats to the southwest of intake, then out from there 18ft, then went west to lighthouse moved twice out there. All that 2 keepers. Decided to head east of intake, started coming back and seen a couple of boats out north. Said what the hell, pulled up slow and went by them. My lowerance screen went crazy with schools of fish. Dropped anchor 21ft of water, fish were in feeding frenzy. Limit in a hour, could only fish one pole. Great shiners today from Butch and Dennys. Think I was very close to what they call the gravel pit? Half way between intake and lighthouse.

Anybody been out this week, been a week since I've been out. Neighbor of mine has been out last 3 days, so they must be catching them. Whatttt I know, I throw text and calls to him but nothing put my way, don't understand.