7/19/21 walleye report 7/19/21 walleye report 7/19/21 walleye report 7/19/21 walleye report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 7/19/21 walleye report

Had a good morning fishing, left mazurkas at 6, north towards put in bay, 27 feet of water, and had our 2 man limit by 9:30. Caught on nothing but crawler harnesses. Trolled about 1.5 mph, only had 3 shorts and a couple of sheep head. Just clipped a 2 oz weight in front of the harness, color didnÂ’t matter. Used boards, but hard time telling a fish was on.. One 26 inch beauty and a bonus jumbo perch..

Default Re: 7/19/21 walleye report

I was having a hard time with dipsy divers yesterday. Kept getting tangled with my drop weight pole. Thought about not using the dipsies and using boards but didn't think the smaller board could handle the weight. Still caught a few keepers and a bunch of smalls. Thanks for the report.

Went out this morning and did a repeat of yesterday, could have been done by 9, but I tried to muscle one in the back of the boat , that didn’t go well.. just a couple shorts today.

Can I ask how deep you were running the harnesses?

Clipped a 2 oz weight about 4 ft from the end of the line, dropped the line to the bottom, and clipped on a board. My line counter was always around 45 ft when it hit the bottom. Only doing 1.5 mph, if you go faster youÂ’ll have to let out more line to get it down.

Thanks for that information and the reports. Hope to try that area Thursday. Been running east of Kelly's but this is much closer and where we caught fish last year at this time.

Just be sure to check the boards often, if they act slightly different, pull it in and check. I had a jumbo perch pull a board back further than a 20 inch walleye..

Quote Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
    Had a good morning fishing, left mazurkas at 6, north towards put in bay, 27 feet of water, and had our 2 man limit by 9:30. Caught on nothing but crawler harnesses. Trolled about 1.5 mph, only had 3 shorts and a couple of sheep head. Just clipped a 2 oz weight in front of the harness, color didnÂ’t matter. Used boards, but hard time telling a fish was on.. One 26 inch beauty and a bonus jumbo perch..
    So, was this between PIB and Kelley's?

Same scenario here with heavier weights. Noticed if the rod tips weren’t in motion (up/down) then there was a fish on it… or if watching the boards it slightly wiggled for a second then stopped and remained in same spot.

Yes between Put in bay and Kelly’s, actually between the monument and the red buoy..