A new fishing pole stuck together A new fishing pole stuck together A new fishing pole stuck together A new fishing pole stuck together

Default A new fishing pole stuck together

I got my son a new Ugly Stick 2 piece rod. He has several one piece rods, but he wanted a two piece rod so he could put it in the car and use the pole as he travels to other bodies of water. After one use, the two piece pole is stuck, and stuck firmly. I turned it upside down overnight and I put some 3 in 1 oil so it ran down in the opening. It did not work. I took a small bag of ice and I wrapped it around the pole to see if that would work as I read that on the internet, but nothing. We pulled several times on in, but nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you all,
    Bruce

Default Re: A new fishing pole stuck together

Both people get work gloves on and twist and pull hard.If it breaks return to place purchased.If separates oil the end.

Or...dad now has a new one piece rod and son gets a new one.😆

4. Default Re: A new fishing pole stuck together

Honestly I have never had this happen. Usually they won't stay together tight if anything. Did you try heating it with a hair dryer on the top/female end?

Hold both pieces behind knees firmly with knees together and hands wrapped outside of legs and pull knees apart...legs are stronger than arms..thats how i get them apart when they are super stuck together

Put a propane torch on it for about 15 seconds and twist with two plyers. If you do it too long it will melt the rod. Good luck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Duck View Post
    I got my son a new Ugly Stick 2 piece rod. He has several one piece rods, but he wanted a two piece rod so he could put it in the car and use the pole as he travels to other bodies of water. After one use, the two piece pole is stuck, and stuck firmly. I turned it upside down overnight and I put some 3 in 1 oil so it ran down in the opening. It did not work. I took a small bag of ice and I wrapped it around the pole to see if that would work as I read that on the internet, but nothing. We pulled several times on in, but nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you all,
    Bruce
    take it back to store let them deal with it , pick up a new one problem solved