7/10 walleye 7/10 walleye 7/10 walleye 7/10 walleye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/10 walleye

Default 7/10 walleye

Left mazurik ramp at around 7 am. Slow ride with all the rollers this morning. Made it on the north east side of Kelly's Infront of cedar point. Set up 4 dipsy divers with spoons and 2 boards with bandits. Ran all baits down around 25 ft deep. Blue chrome bandit was best color. Chicken wing was best spoon color. Got our 3 man limit by 11 am. Biggest fish was 24 inch. And of course we had many many shorts to contend with.

Default Re: 7/10 walleye

Nice job catching those fish so fast and thanks for the report. We fished the same area yesterday also, between 9-230pm. Lost 3 nice fish at the net and finished with 15 all in the 17-19 inch range. At least 30 shorts. Best lure for us was a perch stinger on #1Dipsey-set to 3 and 70 back. Next was a pink worm harness on #1Dipsey-set to 0 and 50 back (these caught all the keepers). Purple and gold spoons also caught fish but mostly shorts. Found that doing S turns and varying speed triggered most strikes. Speed between 2.3-2.9 mph.
    Last edited by Baha299; 07-11-2021 at 03:46 PM.

We also fished that same area yesterday but took longer to catch our 18 fish.We fished from 630 till 1pm.Those early NE rollers made keeping upright difficult.The depth we targeted with dipseys was 32-36 deep.Had double willow harnesses on dipseys 3 setting 85-100 with 1 setting 65-80.Had inline boards with blue chrome bandit doing best with 50/2oz and 100 more for 150 total.Speed was around 2.5mph.Got about a dozen sheep and a bonus 14" crappie that weighed 1.6lbs.Never caught a crappie trolling before.Captain I talked to who caught faster than us Had his speed at 2-2.3 mph also using harnesses.Our fish weighed 53lbs at cleaners.

Was going to fish that area also, but was going to try F can area on the range for 30 minutes before heading that way as I'm docked in PC. Sadly only the 4th trip for my boat this year. Crew of 3, set 6 lines in at 7:45 just North of the can. Had 3 on ice in a half hour. Would run out of the fish for 10 minutes and then have a mini fire drill for a short spell, had 3 on twice in different spots within 1000 foot area. Kept 18 good eaters, nothing over 20", threw back about the same amount of shorts with 2 white perch. Finished trolling before 11:00. Speed 2.5 -2.7. Ran 5 #1 Dipseys with spoons and a 30 Jet back 65' with a harness, best Dipsey settings 3.5/62' 2/42' and .5/32'. Best color seemed to be anything Green or Chartreuse.

Another beautiful day on the lake!

For those of you fishing further west like I tend to due to proximity. I was out Saturday about a mile or two east of the harbor light in Maumee trolling bottom bouncers. First time ever pulling bouncers. I was out by myself and couldn't keep the fish off.

Had several doubles trying to net two fish while keeping the ultrex in the right direction. I didn't think I'd have that much action, looking back probably need to another person in the boat to manage all the chaos.

Finished with 6 keepers in around 2 hours. Was off the water by 9am. Threw back a good share of shorts to live another day. Had a bonus perch and some junk fish as well.

these are all great reports. Thank you everyone.
    I hope to get out next weekend.
    Rickerd

Good reports guys! I fished alone on 7/10 N.E. of Kelly’s and caught 18! I kept 6 of the bigger fish 19-21 inches and returned the rest to swim another day. Double willows on TT40’s back 85 at 2.3-2.4 was the ticket. Purple was the hot color.

Have not seen many of your posts this season,Eyecrazy.But great job on catching 18 fish on only 3 rods.The two willow blade colors i have been using are the antifreeze blade and a purple/pink blade.The antifreeze was the hot color at the beginning of the harness bite.Then the purple willow was hot after that.The last month out fishing,they both have been catching about the same.Our fish ranged in size from 16-25".Been thinking of putting out a colorado blade with the willows and see how it does.Same with the Yazari cranks i bought last season.Have not used them yet this year and have seen very few posts of them catching yet.These week long rain and storms are beginning to annoy me and getting in the way of our summer fishing plans too.

Hey Bob, I have only been up a couple of times in the last 6 weeks. That needs to change. I had an amazing time fishing alone. I haven’t done that for many years. Even launched and pulled the Hewescraft faster than when I have a crew. I normally lift my fish anyway so that wasn’t an issue either. I said I kept 19 to 21” fish but probably did have a couple 24’s. I lost at least 4 bigger fish right at the boat before I could get them in. I’m always on channel 79. Give me a shout sometime.

Think we had around 8 fish come off at some point bringing them in.Had a crank come flying back one time when at last moment the fish thrashed as I was about to net.Luckily it missed everyone.We also have not fished as frequently as liked also due to weather mostly.I had a ride planned with two other friends last weekend for Friday and Sunday but weather cancelled those days and my third buddy saved the day when he was able to fish on the only fishable day,Saturday.Most the guys I fish with play music and don't listen to radio,but I tell them to turn on 79 once in a while to get some info.Good luck.