July 5th Beautiful Day July 5th Beautiful Day July 5th Beautiful Day July 5th Beautiful Day

Default July 5th Beautiful Day

Beautiful day on the water yesterday. Fished about 5 miles east of Kelley's just a tick east of the pack. 44 FOW per Garmin. Didn't get out until 8:00 or so. Trolled 1 rod with a dipsey and a gold spoon 65 back. Lost a nice one at the net on the dipsey but no further spoon action. Chrome and Blue Bandit on second rod caught most of the fish. 3 oz weight 50 back then a total of 165 feet of line. One very nice one bumping up against 30 inches. Took a while to bring that one in! Caught the rest on a Fire Tiger Bandit with a 3 oz weight 50 back and 150 feet total. Lost several dipseys last year before learning on this forum that I needed heavier line. 20# braid worked great.

Default Re: July 5th Beautiful Day

That's a great report. I use 30# braided on mine. Sounds like you had it dialed in. What was your speed.

Speed varied quite a bit with the wind but the action was better with speeds in the 2.2-2.8 range.

Thanks for report and congrats on landing a fish ohio.Glad you have gotten info on this site to help with your trolling success.The line most people use for their dipseys is the Hi Vis Yellow Power Pro braid in 30# test.Have not had that line fail me yet.