Off Shore Tackle OR39 Sam's Pro Release Off Shore Tackle OR39 Sam's Pro Release Off Shore Tackle OR39 Sam's Pro Release Off Shore Tackle OR39 Sam's Pro Release

Default Off Shore Tackle OR39 Sam's Pro Release

Just curious if anyone is using the OR39 Sam's pro release with their off shore boards? My nephew is using them with braid on his reels for salmon on Lake Michigan and likes how the board can be tripped from the front release so you are not fighting the board when either reeling in fish or re-setting boards. I am running all mono I am wondering if that style release would work with 10 pound mono or would there be too much slip. I would appreciate any feedback with anyone using that release.

Default Re: Off Shore Tackle OR39 Sam's Pro Release

There's no need, the OR 16 work fine with mono.

I was looking to have the front release with the OR39 pop open with a quick snap when fighting the fish as well as eliminate the board from trying to track straight ahead as you bring the fish in. You would only have the back clip on the line after releasing the front OR 39, the board would not be able to dive with a big fish, and you would be fighting fish versus fish and board. A number of times we would have to let the board fall back so it wouldn't track into the other sets as we reeled in. The OR 39 would eliminate that issue and I just need to know if anyone is using it on mono.

We use the orange OR19 as our front release and the red OR16 with pin on our back release.We use mono and we get our line to slip off our front OR 19 with a jerk of the line.The board comes in behind boat and not fighting board or have it dive on us.We use offshore boards too.Never tried a Sam release but braid is more slippery than mono.

I use braid and I like it, but it is slippery for sure. I ordered 4 of Sams releases just yesterday. I will give them a whirl.

The regular OR16 releases will work fine with 10lb mono, don't over think it , keep it simple catch fish.

We used to use the OR 18 snapper release on the front and a OR 16 on the back but have since changed to the OR 19 on the front and I use the OR 18 snappers on the back just so I make sure we don’t lose a board. I still have two boards set up the old way for just using as inside boards on our setup. I really like the way the boards release and fall back with the OR19 clips.
    Fish as much as you can...we're not here forever.

I recently switched to the red OR39, the orange and red offshore clips are overpriced junk IMO. I use OR18 on the back of my boards. I do use braided, you may just have to wrap the mono around the clip a couple extra times if it slips.
    So far I’m loving the OR39 should not wear out like the offshore clips do.
    You can also adjust them to trigger fairly easily, sometimes the board will trip when the fish pulls back on it too. Haven’t had them trip from waves like the orange OR19 and if they did you can just tighten the tension.
    Last edited by Ilovekittens; 07-08-2021 at 09:31 PM.