fishing june 24,25,26 fishing june 24,25,26 fishing june 24,25,26 fishing june 24,25,26

Default fishing june 24,25,26

fished out of little teds cottages.thursday,got out about 2pm fished north side of kellys island started in 35 ft west side trolled all the way to far east bouy of kelly sholl.using 40 trip divers and spoons and 2 dipseys no.1 without any ring.got 1 keeper lost one decent size one close to the boat then trolled over to south east side of kellys got 1 more.headed in .friday went to south east side of kellys again trolled north and south in 35 to 42 ft water putting jets back 40 to 80 back dipseys back 70 and 65 set on 2.ended up with 7 by after noon. then sat. same program.got 6.rough all days some rain lots of wind and white water.no real pattern to what color or depth.didnt see or talk to anyone that had more than 10.very tough fishing.lots of sheephead and a few cats.did talk to someone that ran from little teds to sister island and got 1 and 1 sheephead,said they got beat up bad in the rough water.can only get better.water was clean.

Default Re: fishing june 24,25,26

Appreciate your report- thanks.

I got a sore shoulder from fighting the biggest sheep head I've ever caught Thursday. Thought I snagged the bottom. Got him up to the boat and he wrapped the line around my ladder. I was praying the line wouldn't snap because I had a lure Jenson dipsy and snub tied on. Didn't want it to cost me $22 my shoulder started feeling better yesterday. It was a fun fight. 🎣

That BIG Blow we had really screwed this season up on the Basin ... Last yr we were still pulling walleye in 30ft of water all over .. Gonna try a few more times and if nothing start looking for Perch .. I am so glad we did a lot of fishing before the Blow ... But Hey it can’t alway be the same .. Definitely a weird walleye season ... FISH ON !!

definately a wierd year ,i figured i woud have to go a little east,i could have switched to harneses but really didnt want to switch everything over and mess weth crawlers.rough water,windy rainy ,ect. we cought fish but not what i was planning on.spoiled i guess.definately makes the really great days of fast limits better.its just not always easy.good luck to all and be safe

Quote Originally Posted by J Hook View Post
    That BIG Blow we had really screwed this season up on the Basin ... Last yr we were still pulling walleye in 30ft of water all over .. Gonna try a few more times and if nothing start looking for Perch .. I am so glad we did a lot of fishing before the Blow ... But Hey it can’t alway be the same .. Definitely a weird walleye season ... FISH ON !!
    Just like I said ..We would try again and we did .. We netted 12 nice walleye in 2 1/2 hrs a little west of west sister .. We dodged and was hit with rain storms but all turned out with a great catch with throwbacks ... Trolling 2.5 -2.6 everything worked

Some Charters are running to Vermilion to get their fish.