Where are the walleye Where are the walleye Where are the walleye Where are the walleye
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where are the walleye

Where are the walleye. Got skunked today trolling bandit's cedar point dump area in 35 feet of water. Guy here at the campground said Lorain strait out. He limited today. Think I'm gonna give that a shot tomorrow. Are they that far east already.

Default Re: Where are the walleye

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    Where are the walleye. Got skunked today trolling bandit's cedar point dump area in 35 feet of water. Guy here at the campground said Lorain strait out. He limited today. Think I'm gonna give that a shot tomorrow. Are they that far east already.
    They are not biting out past West Sister for us. Slow pick the last couple of days with lots of small ones. Very slow. We are heading east to Marblehead tomorrow. Hopefully better action there.
    Bordy

Walleye are all over the southern shore of LE in Ohio. my friends killed them in front of RR and CLE last Saturday. Couldn't keep the 17-20 inchers off the lines.
    Rickerd

We trolled Tuesday through Thursday all around the islands. NADA

They are for certain not west of Kelly I. The Nor’easter moved them and they won’t be back until spring

I had a crazy two days fishing all over the place. Started out trolling with Bandit's and Spoons Wednesday north of Cedar point in 40 feet of water all the way to Kelly's island shoal and never got a bite. Changed up the plan for Thursday trolled dipsy divers with worm harness thru South Passage. Started at Marble head to West of Kelly's and got 8 keepers. Biggest was 22 inches. 2 foot chop seemed more like three. Pretty beat up. Good luck hope this helps.

Thanks for post badboards.Good job finding some keepers when you fished.Seams these fish like the harnesses now.I walked past several charters last weekend and half of them had double willow harnesses on their rods.

Thanks for the post. Good job on changing up and finding something that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    I had a crazy two days fishing all over the place. Started out trolling with Bandit's and Spoons Wednesday north of Cedar point in 40 feet of water all the way to Kelly's island shoal and never got a bite. Changed up the plan for Thursday trolled dipsy divers with worm harness thru South Passage. Started at Marble head to West of Kelly's and got 8 keepers. Biggest was 22 inches. 2 foot chop seemed more like three. Pretty beat up. Good luck hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Laceva View Post
    They are for certain not west of Kelly I. The Nor’easter moved them and they won’t be back until spring
    I wouldn’t say they are NOT west of Kelly’s.. There are Walleye all over but not like the were before the BIG blow .. There are pods out there you just have to find them and see what works.. East right now from reports is VERY GOOD

Good job figuring out the program badboards. We trolled harnesses with worms in addition to Bandits and spoons. All on in line planer boards. Did not try dipsies. Not sure how dipsies would make a difference. I do know the water in the Soufh Passage was murky whereas the water out around the islands was much clearer, if that made a difference. What speed were you running? We tried 1.6 up to 2.3