Where are the walleye Where are the walleye Where are the walleye Where are the walleye
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Where are the walleye

We had harnesses on our dipsey and on our inline boards with 3oz weight.Those two inline boards with harnesses did not catch one keeper walleye last week.But the dipsey on 3 setting with the harnesses got like 7 keepers.I believe the turbulence from the dipsey attracts the fish better than a sinker.
    I also believe that its much faster to check the dipsey lines for shorts or trash than the boards.I can bring in and reset a dipsey before I can even get a board to the boat.

I'm new to dipsy divers and only have two. I had the two dipsies set on #3 setting with harnesses. I'm learning how to detect fish on. The shorts are on and couldn't tell and at times the bigger fish pulled but thought it was the dipsies. The other two poles had bandit's on with a one once sinker but got nothing. I will troll with harnesses on them next time with a drop sinker.

I had the ipilot set to1.5 but the southern wind was doing most the pushing. If I had worms on the boat Wednesday I would have trolled them out east of Kelly's in cleaner water. There was good mark's in both places.

Lorain Walleyes;

Went out of Lorain on Monday morning, trolled the west side of the dumping grounds. pulled eleven keepers, most 17 to 20 inches, two were 23 inches. We trolled Bandits 50 feet back then 3 Oz in line weights another 50 feet before attaching to big board lines. Trolled 2.5 to 2.8 mph, blue/chrome, black/gold, and fire tiger Bandits produced well. Fire tiger blade worm harnesses on down riggers also produced well. Flat calm all day, excellent day of walleye fishing!
    scubydu

Quote Originally Posted by Scubydu View Post
    Lorain Walleyes;

Went out of Lorain on Monday morning, trolled the west side of the dumping grounds. pulled eleven keepers, most 17 to 20 inches, two were 23 inches. We trolled Bandits 50 feet back then 3 Oz in line weights another 50 feet before attaching to big board lines. Trolled 2.5 to 2.8 mph, blue/chrome, black/gold, and fire tiger Bandits produced well. Fire tiger blade worm harnesses on down riggers also produced well. Flat calm all day, excellent day of walleye fishing!
    scubydu
    GLad you had success ! Good news they seem to becoming active again.
    That's about 40 to 45 FOW next to the Lorain dumping ground isn't it?

Well there is a stretch out there that’s 50 to 53 feet, that area has been good to me for several years, pretty much all year long!

I thought about making the trip to Lorain. It's only an extra 20 minute trip for me. I couldn't find a state park to camp at. Any suggestions.

I too trip to Lorain to put my boat in, so I’m not really aware of any camping in the immediate area. I know there is Findley State Park located at 25381 State Route 58, Wellington, Ohio 44090, phone: 440-647-4490. It is located in Lorain County south of Lorain, Ohio, probably a half hour south!

Guy last week who fished in a walleye tournament put in at Lorain but camped at East harbor, that's probably why. I'll probably do the same. Sounds like it would be worth the effort now that the fish are moving East.

Where are the walleye-2570ee59-373e-4f4a-a235-e844adcf47f5-jpg