Perch Rods Perch Rods Perch Rods Perch Rods

Thread: Perch Rods

Default Perch Rods

Fellow Perchers, I am setting up a few perch rods and was wondering what are you using for length and action as well as line? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thank You.

Default Re: Perch Rods

Check out these Denali Pryme rods. I have a couple that I crappie and pan fish with and really like them. These will be my perch rods when I come out in September.

P461SR
    4' 6" Spinning Rod 1 ML

Quote Originally Posted by Moldman View Post
    Fellow Perchers, I am setting up a few perch rods and was wondering what are you using for length and action as well as line? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thank You.
    Cabelas whupping stick 7' med action or the ugly stick gx2 7' med action. I like 15# braid for the line but anything from 10# up to 30# will work. but you really have to be careful setting the hook with 10#. I don't use a leader unless the fishing is tough. then I use seaguar 15# premier fluro leader.

6'6" lite action St. Croix. American made great action. I prefer braided line for perch.

I really like St. Croix rods. I have a 5'6" ugly stick light i have used for perching but the St Croix are way more sensitive and you feel more.

Quote Originally Posted by dunn782 View Post
    6'6" lite action St. Croix. American made great action. I prefer braided line for perch.

I use the same. Pricey but well worth the money. With braided line they are so sensitive you can tell if your minnow is tangled on the bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I use the same. Pricey but well worth the money. With braided line they are so sensitive you can tell if your minnow is tangled on the bottom!
    St croix triumph 6 ft lite........8 lb fireline.....best rig for sensitivity and the tip is soft so they bite and it loads nice......fish don't know they are hooked just lift slow.

I also use St. Croix triumph with #10 braid. You can feel every little tick from the fish. Sensitivity is very important when perch fishing.