Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021 Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021 Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021 Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021

Default Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021

Let me preface this one by saying that I KNOW I took pics of these guys with fish this morning, with my iPhone, but for some reason, when I got home...all that was on there was the sunrise pic and a pic of a cooler of fish! Uffda!

We left Mazurik's a little before 5:30 this morning, and headed towards the dark horizon that had a big orange and yellow glow peeking up from below. We were only 1/2 way to our destination when we had to stop, so I could get my "Sunrise Pic" taken. "This is the best place to see a morning sunrise", I said. To which, they all agreed. We got back on plane and dodged a few nets, before setting down to troll.

The Ulterra and the baby ETEC worked together to keep us on an East to West course at a speed of 1.9-2.4mph.

The wind had picked up a little, but it wasn't bad. I'd say it was 2' or less, with an occasional 3 footer thrown in there for good measure. The waves were hitting my Port bow, but were not coming over the bow, so it wasn't that bad.

The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and the air temp was very comfortable. The water temp was 68.9 degrees.

Dipsies only caught one today, but it was the biggest one. It was 27 1/2 inches. The dipsey was set on the 1 setting at 35 back and a Rippling Redfin in the Clown color was used.

The Flicker Minnows were set at (from the inside to the outside board) 45, 60, and 80.

The Spros and Bandits were run at 50, 80, and 100. The Golden Perch Spro Madeye 120 was hot today, and caught most of the 16 fish we put in the cooler today. The Pooh Bear colored Bandit, and the same also in the Flicker Minnow, also caught well.

The Spro and Bandit side was outproducing the Flicker side, so we changed out the Flickers to more Spros, which helped the Port side start producing too.

My crew is older, and their steadiness isn't what it used to be, but we made it work, and they did a great job getting the fish in the boat! They commented on my bare feet, and I explained that a person has much better balance when they take their shoes off, and go barefoot. "That's why I keep my boat so clean", I said. (No hooks on my floors).

We had 16 beautiful eaters in the cooler when they huddled up and discussed maybe heading in early. They asked me if that was okay, and I said, "My dog would love that!" So, it was an easy decision for them, and we headed in.

The three of them were fun to fish with, and Vic said he wants to come back in the fall to fish again, so that makes me happy!

Tomorrow is a blow day with a chance of thunderstorms rolling through too.

Saturday is still on the table, but it's not looking good from what my weather app says.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021-chuck-vic-dave-6-17-20211-jpg Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021-chuck-vic-dave-6-17-20212-jpg Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021-48181583-55c3-428e-b2ee-22efebe91eb4_1_201_a-jpg Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021-64e15e2b-6024-4a12-a1ca-69b409c57343_1_201_a-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 06-19-2021 at 03:00 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Chuck, Vic, and Dave 6/17/2021

Another nice report. Thank you.
    Do they still make the Pooh Bear pattern in Bandit and Flicker Minnow baits? I could never find them anywhere.
    Thanks

Appreciate the reports. Took my wife out this AM, but she suffers motion sickness. I knew it was time to hit the dock when those 2 footers turned her green.

I have bought pooh bear purple and chartreuse from DJ custom lures.Not sure which one was catching for Juls today.My bet would be purple.We use that purple bandit fairly often.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    I have bought pooh bear purple and chartreuse from DJ custom lures.Not sure which one was catching for Juls today.My bet would be purple.We use that purple bandit fairly often.
    I didn't see them on DJ's site last week when I was looking for it.

Mine came from Domka Outdoors...(David Domka).
    Pooh Bear Bandit – Domka Outdoors
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thanks Juls,didn't realize Domka had a pooh bear bandit custom color.Just looked at it and the color is similar to DJ custom pooh bear purple without a white tail.Stopped at Bay's Edge tackle shop this afternoon to buy a few things.There was a board of DJ custom bandits on sale there.There were a couple pooh bear purples for sale and a bunch of pooh bear chartreuse available.They had no Berkley flicker minnows though.