6-11, Near the line, East Of Lucys 6-11, Near the line, East Of Lucys 6-11, Near the line, East Of Lucys 6-11, Near the line, East Of Lucys

Default 6-11, Near the line, East Of Lucys

Fished the 11th, crew of 3 left the dock and set up West of Catawba, nice marks but the water was still stained, gave it a 1/2 hour, but not a bump. Pulled lines and headed North near Rattle, did not like the look of things so went North of Middle Bass out to the line and headed East. Ended up about 3 Miles East of Lucy point. Found a little pod of fish and did laps, any direction seemed to work fine, had 3 on at one point, Last fish needed for our 18 fish limit took a 1/2 hour. Speed 2.2 - 2.4. Ran 5 #1 Dipseys with spoons and a jet 30. Best Dipsey settings 3.5/75' 2/55' and .5/45'. Jet 30 had a crawler harness and seemed to work OK at 90' back, this took 3 keepers and 2 shorts. Best spoon color was anything with white or white backed. Did not want pink, chartreuse, gold or barely copper backed spoons, The only white backed spoons I had, were bought by accident, so, learned something new as always. But if I go add to my spoon collection, a bunch of White backed spoons, I'll catch more than likely nothing but Sheep on em until 2031. Just like the time I had 2 bloody nose spoons and could not keep em in the lake, so bought 6 more and then no fish wanted them forever. A good friend suggested I take out an airbrush and paint em up for each day! That may work but then all the spoon manufacturers will file for bankruptcy. What a country!!
    Darn Walleye... always something different!!

A beautiful day on the lake!

Default Re: 6-11, Near the line, East Of Lucys

Nice report. Good day of fishing.

That made me laugh with the story of those bloody nose spoons you bought and never caught since.Been there,done that.Got a tangled mess of spoons too in my box with,who knows what colors.I now just buy one extra at a time when a lure gets hot and wish had more.It's a never ending obsession.Just like women needing a huge collection of shoes.Thanks for report.Did well in that area last weekend too.

Hudson's. Was you getting gas at Drawbridge marina when you came back in? If not I was talking to another crew that did good on white spoons in the same area!

Yes, That was I! Usually hit Drawbridge for fuel, and chat with Larry, before heading up river. Had my fishing partner (for 25 years) Bob who did most of the yakking, and neighbor Ron along. Bob had his 87th birthday Memorial day weekend, and still cannot get enough "Lake time".

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsons20 View Post
    Fished the 11th, crew of 3 left the dock and set up West of Catawba, nice marks but the water was still stained, gave it a 1/2 hour, but not a bump. Pulled lines and headed North near Rattle, did not like the look of things so went North of Middle Bass out to the line and headed East. Ended up about 3 Miles East of Lucy point. Found a little pod of fish and did laps, any direction seemed to work fine, had 3 on at one point, Last fish needed for our 18 fish limit took a 1/2 hour. Speed 2.2 - 2.4. Ran 5 #1 Dipseys with spoons and a jet 30. Best Dipsey settings 3.5/75' 2/55' and .5/45'. Jet 30 had a crawler harness and seemed to work OK at 90' back, this took 3 keepers and 2 shorts. Best spoon color was anything with white or white backed. Did not want pink, chartreuse, gold or barely copper backed spoons, The only white backed spoons I had, were bought by accident, so, learned something new as always. But if I go add to my spoon collection, a bunch of White backed spoons, I'll catch more than likely nothing but Sheep on em until 2031. Just like the time I had 2 bloody nose spoons and could not keep em in the lake, so bought 6 more and then no fish wanted them forever. A good friend suggested I take out an airbrush and paint em up for each day! That may work but then all the spoon manufacturers will file for bankruptcy. What a country!!
    Darn Walleye... always something different!!

A beautiful day on the lake!
    A standard Stinger or Stinger Scorpion "Dirty White Boy" has been a consistent producers for years for me. One of my top five spoons.

Hudson's. I was the guy that pulled up to the gas dock behind you with the very spoiled dog. I was talking with the older gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk2700 View Post
    A standard Stinger or Stinger Scorpion "Dirty White Boy" has been a consistent producers for years for me. One of my top five spoons.
    Huh, I'll have to find that one and try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
    Hudson's. I was the guy that pulled up to the gas dock behind you with the very spoiled dog. I was talking with the older gentleman.
    OK, I'll keep an Eye out for you next trip!