First time Erie fishing First time Erie fishing First time Erie fishing First time Erie fishing

Default First time Erie fishing

Two friends, my nephew, and I arrived on the 6th for 5 days of fishing. We stayed at Cedarlane RV resort and had a great stay at this campground. We hired Porkchop Express for the first day to learn a few things and Sam did not disappoint. He and Caleb showed us techniques and answered all of our questions as we tried to absorb some of his wisdom and talent. What a great day and full limits to boot. Days two, through four were similar set ups as we had with Sam but we were not quite as successful or efficient as Porkchop. We still caught plenty of fish and took back 12 to 16 nice fish a day for the four of us. The last day we set up West of Kelly's and headed NW toward the line. Bandits were the most effective for the day 80, 65, 50, and 35 back. The other side ran 60, 50. 35, and 25 back. Depth did not seem to matter as we caught at all different depths. We used bright colors with lime green a hot choice. We took a full limit of eyes and were off the water by 1 PM. Thanks to Sam for a great time, and thanks to the people of Ohio we met that were so friendly to a group of guys from Wisconsin

Default Re: First time Erie fishing

Glad you guys had fun and caught fish too.

Was a great idea to use a charter to start an extended fishing trip on a lake you had never fished before.Not only did he show you where the current area fish are biting but the lures and leads that are catching too.Glad you guys had a fun and productive vacation.

Thanks. I can't think of a better way to tackle a big body of water like Erie than to use local talent for a tutorial. The time and effort with Sam was well worth every penny. We went with a 10 hour charter and I am glad we did. The more time with an experienced guide made our experience less intimidating and successful for our first time on our own.