Casters Casters Casters Casters
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Casters

Default Casters

So it seems that either there are no casters/drifters left on the lake or they just don't want to share info on here anymore! 1 man limit of nice fish 2 miles north of C can this morning. Perchy colored Erie dearie or gold mayfly rig. All in the top half of water column.

Default Re: Casters

Thanks for the report. I can’t remember the last time someone who drift fished made a report. I was planning on goin either Sunday or Monday. I’ll be sure to let u know how I did if I get out. How was the chop out there when u fished? Did u have any wind out there?

Quote Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
    So it seems that either there are no casters/drifters left on the lake or they just don't want to share info on here anymore! 1 man limit of nice fish 2 miles north of C can this morning. Perchy colored Erie dearie or gold mayfly rig. All in the top half of water column.
    There is a facebook page erie casters. Only post casting reorts

There was a 1-2 foot chop from the ENE most of the morning which cooled it down and kept the ankle biters away.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
    There is a facebook page erie casters. Only post casting reorts
    I dont even have a facebook account. There should be enough of us here to share good info. Good bite this morn west of rattlesnake.

Going out drifting tomorrow. Only got a few last week around Niagra. Saw a lot of boats heading out in the C-can direction though. Let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I'm not a facebooked either. Same location this morning. Had my limit by 9. Almost all the fish hit when I paused and let the lure sink a bit. Stopped 1/4 mile north of Niagara on the way in to give a try. Caught a 19" walleye within 5 minutes. When I was taking him off the hook I heard a noise and turned just in time to see my 2nd rod going overboard. I immediately tossed 2 poles in the direction it went over and let them sink to the bottom. Not only did I snag the rod but I was successful in landing the sheep that pulled it in. I took that as a sign to head in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
    Thanks for the reports I have not been out since the blow looking to get out next weekend for a few days will post what we find

Only got 3 keepers. 15-20 small ones ranging 12-14in. Wind died, bite died.

Did you go north of C? Often when the wind dies so does the bite. Some times a slow lift n drop on bottom will entice them when the wind dies.