Casters Casters Casters Casters
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Casters

Default Re: Casters

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Thanks will give it a look see first before making that long run
    This morning fished with my 92 year old father in law. Supposed to be 2 ft waves. But greeted with 3+. I sat him on motor cover & had him long line with a 1 oz weight with 24” leader with gold & green beads with gold blade. He had a blast reeling in small walleye & a few monster sheepshead & a few keeper walleye. I was throwing a 1 oz earie dearie gold. We ended up with 8 nice keepers. We were along the west edge of Big Pic. Not many others around.

Fished straight out of Lorain yesterday afternoon. Dragged a 5/8 single hook harness while casting a 7/8 weight forward. Got 6 nice keepers in a few hours. About a dozen shorts. Lost 1 monster who broke me off as I was trying to land him.

Oh no.Those big fish not only break your line...they break your heart!

Went out last week and drifted over the reefs. Caught 8 on bottom bouncers, 3 smalls, and a ton of sheep. I did hear at the docks people were doing well farther west by the lighthouse near Toledo. They said the handled around 75 walleyes casting. A ton of smalls.

Fished Tuesday out of Lorain. Went about 2 miles out north east and fished one of the 30 foot humps over and over again. Had a steady SW breeze that was pushing me along at 1.3 mph so was dragging 2 lines, both with 2-hook harnesses, red and gold beads, small perch blades. Got all 6 on the rod with 6# mono, none on the rod with braded line. Now I've caught lots of fish on that braided line but none Tuesday.
    Walleye behavior baffles me.

I caught 2 in 45 mins last evening watching sunset with my daughter and wife. Drifting .3 mph at best on a light to no breeze. One on a single hook harness and one on erie dearie. 37 fow and good marks on screen.

I might go out next 2 mornings at dawn for short trips before work.
    Rickerd

First day up in 3 weeks. Caught 16 nice keepers from 6-10:30 today maybe a half mile SW of Green I. Continued fishing until 2 but only caught 1 more keeper. The ever elusive "last one" never showed up.. My son did catch a Sheep Ohio. Green n gold, green Erie dearies. Probably 25 shorts. Beautiful day on the water.

Nice job! Did those fish come off the bottom or where they higher in the column?

Fished in 29-30' FOW and most were caught from 15' up.