Casters Casters Casters Casters
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Casters

Default Re: Casters

Between H can and the south shore is a possibility this time of year. I'm coming up Saturday evening according to mother nature and may try there first. If not I'm headed to the line between Lucy's point and the line. Always keep a mayfly rig on the bottom with some lift and drop action. Good fishing to all.

Thank you for your report. I find them quite helpful!

Blog Entries

We went out Meinke west Friday got shut down from thunder storms in morning but did get out in the late after noon fished west of intake casting weapons and bottom bouncers with harness was hard to fish do to big rolling waves , tried again Saturday went to turn around bouy same thing but caught a few decent fish and a lot of shorts and of course homers and white perch there were lots of boats there doing about the same thing but I heard radio reports things were sounding better for trollers however I think they had to work for them also. so next trip going to head to 30 ft water if weather permits

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    We went out Meinke west Friday got shut down from thunder storms in morning but did get out in the late after noon fished west of intake casting weapons and bottom bouncers with harness was hard to fish do to big rolling waves , tried again Saturday went to turn around bouy same thing but caught a few decent fish and a lot of shorts and of course homers and white perch there were lots of boats there doing about the same thing but I heard radio reports things were sounding better for trollers however I think they had to work for them also. so next trip going to head to 30 ft water if weather permits
    I was out Saturday morning. Started at 7:30 north of intake and fished in 26' of water. We made 6 long drifts. Casting #4 gold or copper blades and ran a couple bottom bouncers. We stopped at 1:30. Ended up with 24 keepers for 5 guys. Over 50 shorts - I caught 31 shorts myself. 20-25 sheepshead and over 25 white perch. Casting to a 10 count or bottom bouncers off the bottom 4-5 cranks up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PZeiler View Post
    I was out Saturday morning. Started at 7:30 north of intake and fished in 26' of water. We made 6 long drifts. Casting #4 gold or copper blades and ran a couple bottom bouncers. We stopped at 1:30. Ended up with 24 keepers for 5 guys. Over 50 shorts - I caught 31 shorts myself. 20-25 sheepshead and over 25 white perch. Casting to a 10 count or bottom bouncers off the bottom 4-5 cranks up.
    I said turn around bouy but I do not think I made it all the way there, so was not deep enough will head out farther next time out thanks for the info

Didn't hit the lake until 6pm Saturday do to the weatherman lying to us. Ran to an area between Green and F can. 2 of us got 7 before dark including a few nice ones. Probably 10-12 shorts. Went to the same spot this morning and nothing but 1 short in an hour. Made the long run to the area between west sister and middle sister. 1 nice keeper and only a couple shorts. Tough fishing today. Tried every color weapon or Erie deerie I had.

Sunday the 20th, Fished in between PIB and Middle, great pods of fish. Had 2 customers aboard that got their first walleyes ever. Red and white earie dearie and Bottom bouncers with fire tiger harness worked the best. around 40FOW. Around 1130 they shut down, went over to Gull Shoal and got a nothing left at 1330.

Capt. Andy

hey i've been in OBX for last 10 days and happy to hear people casting and catching after that big blow a few weekends ago. I'm hoping weather permits us on the lake this weekend and will be happy to share what I find with fellow casters.

Do most people use channel 79 in WB? maybe we can use the old radio again and use a station others don't use much to keep in touch on the water. Any ideas?

Rickerd

Our marina had a fishing tournament Saturday. My 10 year old and I entered. Longest fish wins.

Went back to North East of Kelly's. Lots of wind from the SW. Drifted in 3-4's. Was drifting at 1.4mph. Put 3 bottom bouncers out with weapons and Eerie Deeries. Caught 5 walleye and lots of sheeps, a few shorts and a white bass. 1/3 as many boats there as when I was there Thursday. From the radio chatter sounded like many had trouble finding biters. Had to be back by 2pm to qualify. Only had a 20.5" so almost decided to stay out longer but my son said we should head back. Ended up being the biggest fish and won $250.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickerd View Post
    hey i've been in OBX for last 10 days and happy to hear people casting and catching after that big blow a few weekends ago. I'm hoping weather permits us on the lake this weekend and will be happy to share what I find with fellow casters.

Do most people use channel 79 in WB? maybe we can use the old radio again and use a station others don't use much to keep in touch on the water. Any ideas?

Rickerd
    Hello good to hear your back been wondering how you been doing give me a call when you get a chance MBLMIKE