Question Question Question Question

Thread: Question

Default Question

Anybody have good advice on a good set of pliers that will last and also cut braid? Also what is a good fish scales? Tired of the junk. Thanks

Default Re: Question

I've had a set of gander mountain aluminum pliers with a braid cutter on them for prob 8 years and they're still going strong. I only had to replace the little lanyard that connects them to the sheath. They're clipped on my pocket about every time i fish, and i fish a lot. Lol. Obviously gander mountain is no longer around but I've seen those pliers on eBay several times. Think I paid 20 bucks for them. If you can find em, they're hard to beat imho.

I use these pliers: Amazon.com : Wolfpack Intl Stainless Steel Angled Needle Nose Fishing Pliers 8 in : Sports & Outdoors. They don't always cut braid, but they are solid pliers. I keep a pair of stainless kitchen shears from Target to cut braid, cut gills, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sntrym View Post
    I use these pliers: Amazon.com : Wolfpack Intl Stainless Steel Angled Needle Nose Fishing Pliers 8 in : Sports & Outdoors. They don't always cut braid, but they are solid pliers. I keep a pair of stainless kitchen shears from Target to cut braid, cut gills, etc.
    I have ones like this only they are straight. Really like them. For cutting braid I like the small Rapala scissors.