Fishing with Al, John, and "Fred" 6/8/2021 Fishing with Al, John, and "Fred" 6/8/2021 Fishing with Al, John, and "Fred" 6/8/2021 Fishing with Al, John, and "Fred" 6/8/2021

Default Fishing with Al, John, and "Fred" 6/8/2021

(My crew weren't picture enthusiasts)

I met my crew at Mazurik's at 5:15 and headed north out of the launch at 5:30. It was a warm and humid morning, after yesterday's storms, with a partly cloudy sky. The air temp was near 70 degrees. The wind forecast was calling for very light winds out of the SW, so the lake was pleasantly flat on our ride out.

We made it up to the line and set up with Flicker Minnow 11's running 60', 50', 45', and 40' behind Off Shore boards. Dipsies were running on both corners with two rods on each side. The inside rod was on the zero setting at 31 back on the port side, and the 1 setting at 45 back on the starboard side.
    The two longer "outside" dipsies were set on the 3 setting running at 47 and 60 back.

Speed was 2.0-2.4 mph while I tried to dial it in. We hit fish pretty fast in the morning, but mostly shorts. We kept 3 eaters in that spot. After the pack showed up, and the sun came up, it slowed right down, so we picked up to move west of North Bass, and see if there was a better bite over there. There wasn't.

Then, Al said, "We don't really care about taking any more fish, we caught enough yesterday, we just want to learn how you do things." I wished I had known that much earlier in the morning, before I used up 16 gallons of gas, because I could have gone 4 miles from the launch and done that. lol

Anyway, I took them to where I ended up yesterday, and we got into a steady bite. And, between reeling in small fish, sheephead, and blobs of weeds that decided to attach themselves to the lures or the boards...we caught some "good eaters" to add to their freezers.

Al, John, and Fred did a good job trying to set lines. Al said he learned a lot, and appreciated my "stern directions"...Heheh He said he will be taking his education and applying to his own trolling endeavors back home in Wisconsin.

If the guy in the boat, that said he didn't take my planer board, after it came off and floated away, while we tried to pick everything up to go after it....I hope Karma only allows Sheephead to bite your lures for the rest of your life! You are not a good human. Shame on you.

Tomorrow, I'm back with Mark and Patty Leucht (my customers from Sunday and Monday of this week).
    Mark said he's making breakfast burritos for the three of us, so that is something to look forward to in the morning.
    And, the best part is....they are already "trained", so I just need to have a day where I don't have to say, "I should have turned right, instead of turning left"! Fingers crossed!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls

Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Al, John, and "Fred" 6/8/2021-al-john-fred-6-8-20211-jpg Fishing with Al, John, and "Fred" 6/8/2021-al-john-fred-6-8-20212-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Al, John, and "Fred" 6/8/2021

Watched a charter boat captain pick my board up last year and he bolted off with it but I ran him down. he played dumb but I saw him net it. He was only 50 yards away. He finally coughed it up. So I’m with you on that one. Many sheepshead and tangles for the both of them. 😡..

Where does that comment fit into this report

Got it my wrong

nothing wrong with that,i would hope the same for him.not much integrity with people like that if they would do that ,they would steal stuff right off your boat ,or out of your truck at the launch.

Catching sheaphead on my lures for life? Now that's a strong karma wish. I would definitely return the board and not risk that thought.

Capt. Juls, thanks for your report, always appreciate and enjoy. Were you running Flickers off your dipsies as well?

Ya I pay another $20 for the OR18 clips for my offshore boards. Highway robbery but haven’t had any boards fall off like when I was using the red clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Capt. Juls, thanks for your report, always appreciate and enjoy. Were you running Flickers off your dipsies as well?
    No, I only run spoons or shallow diving cranks off the dipsies.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovekittens View Post
    Ya I pay another $20 for the OR18 clips for my offshore boards. Highway robbery but haven’t had any boards fall off like when I was using the red clips.
    Let someone else attach the board and snap that backwards instead of forward, so that the line is behind the pin (after explaining why it needs to go forward, showing them, and saying, "It's very important that it go forward"....and, then, they snap it backwards anyway.
    Then, after showing them that the line needs to go behind the pin on the red OR-16 on the back, and they can't manage to pinch it open far enough to achieve that task, but don't tell you that they can't.....add in a big giant sheephead to the equation.... board goes floating away.

I can only shake my head and take a deep breath and let it out slowly in that moment. lol

Some learn fast, and some need much more time.
    [email protected]