Report from 6/5/21 - Kelleys Report from 6/5/21 - Kelleys Report from 6/5/21 - Kelleys Report from 6/5/21 - Kelleys

Default Report from 6/5/21 - Kelleys

Fished SE of Kelley's early Saturday and it was good before the traffic in the passage picked up. Fished with the wind using Bandits 40-65 back, with sunspot pulling the most fish. Also had a harness out behind a dipsey and it was ignored other than one dink. Had 8 in the box by the time the traffic showed up and they turned off. Headed up the east side and ended up at the shoal with a dead TM battery so started drifting. Caught a bunch of throwbacks up there casting harnesses and picked up one more keeper on a bottom bouncer with an orange and green harness. Hope this helps someone, as this site has helped a lot lately!

Default Re: Report from 6/5/21 - Kelleys

Good information. Thanks for posting. That was not a bad day of fishing.

Last year this time the entire area around Kelly's was holding lots of Walleye. Not sure what is up this year.

Baha299

Good to know. I'm gonna try Wednesday. May give that area a go. Thanks for the report 🎣

We passed the SE corner of Kellies around noon on Friday.Not many boats there and water looked dirty.You did well to catch 8 there on Sat.We did an afternoon fish Friday because Windsulf Forcast higher wind early,but it changed last minute...like the rest of weekend too.We fished along the line from 1-6pm.Ran 2 dipseys @3 setting with double willow harness in antifreeze color.Leads were 45 and they were catching best for us.Ran 2 bandits on outside boards at 60 and 80 and ran inside boards with those same harnesses on #2 tadpoles at 60 and 70.We were getting some fish but they were biting light.Halfway through our day we were 4 for 8.Think we lost 7 fish halfway to boat and a screwup netting a good fish.Then they turned on at 5 and they were good size fish.When the mayhem ended,had only one bandit board out and it too was dragging a fish.Our 12 weight was 42lbs.
    My buddy John wanted to fish too.So went to same area on Sat morning.Brought along his brother in law who got seasick.Fished from 730 to 1130.As expected,there were a lot more boats we had to avoid.Decided to run 4 dipseys that morning.Had those double willow harnesses on two of them,and a spoon harness and a flicker shad on the other two dipseys.Three setting at 45 and 1 setting at 37.Had harnesses with tadpoles on 2 boards again.Turned out they wanted purple blades with pink backs today.Eventually swapped out to 6 harness and occasionally ran a 7th and 8th outside board with a bandit.Speed was 2.0mph both days.Our 18 weighed 54 lbs.Tadpole leads were 60 and 70 and blu chrome and humble bee bandits at 40 and 65 caught a few too.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    We passed the SE corner of Kellies around noon on Friday.Not many boats there and water looked dirty.You did well to catch 8 there on Sat.We did an afternoon fish Friday because Windsulf Forcast higher wind early,but it changed last minute...like the rest of weekend too.We fished along the line from 1-6pm.Ran 2 dipseys @3 setting with double willow harness in antifreeze color.Leads were 45 and they were catching best for us.Ran 2 bandits on outside boards at 60 and 80 and ran inside boards with those same harnesses on #2 tadpoles at 60 and 70.We were getting some fish but they were biting light.Halfway through our day we were 4 for 8.Think we lost 7 fish halfway to boat and a screwup netting a good fish.Then they turned on at 5 and they were good size fish.When the mayhem ended,had only one bandit board out and it too was dragging a fish.Our 12 weight was 42lbs.
    My buddy John wanted to fish too.So went to same area on Sat morning.Brought along his brother in law who got seasick.Fished from 730 to 1130.As expected,there were a lot more boats we had to avoid.Decided to run 4 dipseys that morning.Had those double willow harnesses on two of them,and a spoon harness and a flicker shad on the other two dipseys.Three setting at 45 and 1 setting at 37.Had harnesses with tadpoles on 2 boards again.Turned out they wanted purple blades with pink backs today.Eventually swapped out to 6 harness and occasionally ran a 7th and 8th outside board with a bandit.Speed was 2.0mph both days.Our 18 weighed 54 lbs.Tadpole leads were 60 and 70 and blu chrome and humble bee bandits at 40 and 65 caught a few too.
    Bob, are you still running the mono? We also fished Friday and caught our limit but never lost a single fish since I switched back to braid with a 5’ leader.

Got 30# power pro braid on dipseys and mono on the boards.Lost fish on boards and dipsey.Think they were not grabbing the lure very hard and were fighting pretty good coming in.We did much better with landing them Saturday.

Eyecrazy, I thought about what you said a few weeks ago about going back to braid, so I went out and bought a another big spool of braid too. I feel more comfortable with it. My son had a big sheephead on over the weekend, and I was praying that the Sunline 14lb would not break with my $8.00 Reef Runner on it as he fought that big fish. I am keeping two poles with mono, but I like the braid better.