Price of Flicker Minnows Price of Flicker Minnows Price of Flicker Minnows Price of Flicker Minnows
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Price of Flicker Minnows

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR1 View Post
    Well not to get political but in 2020 the inflation rate was 1.4%. Today it's 4.2%. Gas was $1.79 and now $3.00+. Draw your own conclusions...
    Since we are getting political, what was the unemployment rate last year?

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Whatever fishing or boat supplies you need, the sooner you purchase them the better. Almost everything is either in short supply, is unavailable, or will take longer than usual to ship in. It will also continue to increase in price.

Why?

1. Raw materials shortage. Production of everything from chemicals to wood decreased last year due mostly to Covid. The stockpiles are gone and replacing them takes time.
    2. Production decreases. Companies reduced production and getting back to pre-Covid production rates takes time, including getting all the workers back.
    3. Logistics. Shipping has also decreased and now takes longer due to demand and a shortage of workers. Ships are stacked up outside ports like Long Beach, waiting to be unloaded.

I have a buddy who owns a company that makes epoxies. He's had issues getting the chemicals to make epoxy coatings, which are used in fishing pole and lure manufacturing. He's had big fortune 500 companies call him looking for key chemicals because they can't get enough or any from the usual suppliers. It's the same situation all over the world.
    And yes, recent political (government) decisions have added to the problem, making it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by West Basin View Post
    Whatever fishing or boat supplies you need, the sooner you purchase them the better. Almost everything is either in short supply, is unavailable, or will take longer than usual to ship in. It will also continue to increase in price.

Why?

1. Raw materials shortage. Production of everything from chemicals to wood decreased last year due mostly to Covid. The stockpiles are gone and replacing them takes time.
    2. Production decreases. Companies reduced production and getting back to pre-Covid production rates takes time, including getting all the workers back.
    3. Logistics. Shipping has also decreased and now takes longer due to demand and a shortage of workers. Ships are stacked up outside ports like Long Beach, waiting to be unloaded.

I have a buddy who owns a company that makes epoxies. He's had issues getting the chemicals to make epoxy coatings, which are used in fishing pole and lure manufacturing. He's had big fortune 500 companies call him looking for key chemicals because they can't get enough or any from the usual suppliers. It's the same situation all over the world.
    And yes, recent political (government) decisions have added to the problem, making it worse.

Well said West Basin! I know Cranberry Creek Marina sent out an email not long ago saying their supplier had no fishing rods and no idea when they'd be in stock. If marina gas gets up to $7 to $10/gal this summer it won't matter what's in or not in stock. We'll all be at home.
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

"I get my walleye gear online at PHDtackle.com."

Blog Entries

What size Flicker Minnows are you using and what's your colors of choice.

Thank you,
    Fish Tales

Capt. Sam of the Porkchop Express said he uses the smaller no 9 and also the larger no 11 size. Capt. Jules said she likes the perch color,
    purple and blue chrome.

I use all #9. Colors vary from day to day with water clarity and cloud cover. Pink Lemonade has been a good all around color. Slick Mouse has been good and Slick green and blue alwife. Caught a few yesterday on chartruse with a clear bottom.

Blog Entries

Curious how your running these, also have you pulled them behind 40 TT or Dipsy’s and what was the results.

Thanks in advance,
    Fish Tales

Pull mine behind a 3oz trolling sinker and a 6" kelly green or chartruse snubber with a 3' leader. I run them down whatever depth plus 10ft. So if bottom is 30 I run my deepest 40 and stagger 5' till I find where the most fish are biting and what color and adapt accordingly
    Last edited by rexles; 06-09-2021 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling