memoriol day through june 5 memoriol day through june 5 memoriol day through june 5 memoriol day through june 5

Default memoriol day through june 5

fished out of little teds cottages.first day was a grind but got 27 out of our 30 needed, got late on us,fished north bass island on the border of canada,nice fish.used jet divers with scorpion spoons.no real pattern what color they wanted.day 2 through 5 we fished the same area only from the east of north bass did very well every day using same program.got our 30 every day ,usually took about 4 to 5 hrs.long run but well worth it.we ran our jets about 30 to 40 back.great fishing nice grade of fish.my only complaint about the whole week is that the people that run their boat from the back of the boat with nobody stearing and watching for other boats is total bs.i get it for open water but when there are 150 boats not nice.nobody paying attention to anyone around .very poor fishing practices.its not hard when everyone gives a little.but another great fishing trip.

Default Re: memoriol day through june 5

Quote Originally Posted by bushman111 View Post
    fished out of little teds cottages.first day was a grind but got 27 out of our 30 needed, got late on us,fished north bass island on the border of canada,nice fish.used jet divers with scorpion spoons.no real pattern what color they wanted.day 2 through 5 we fished the same area only from the east of north bass did very well every day using same program.got our 30 every day ,usually took about 4 to 5 hrs.long run but well worth it.we ran our jets about 30 to 40 back.great fishing nice grade of fish.my only complaint about the whole week is that the people that run their boat from the back of the boat with nobody stearing and watching for other boats is total bs.i get it for open water but when there are 150 boats not nice.nobody paying attention to anyone around .very poor fishing practices.its not hard when everyone gives a little.but another great fishing trip.
    Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by bushman111 View Post
    welcome to walleye fishing on lake erie for the next 10-15 years this is the drawback to having such good fishing these days and it will not get better any time soon there are thousands of new people fishing for walleye that are novices and either get distracted or have no clue how to captain their vessel when fishing in a pack people who know and follow the boating safety regs know that when two power boat are approaching each other if the vessel is on your starboard you must yield if it is on your port side then you are the stand-on vessel this is the rule whether you're fishing or not your best bet is to not fish on the weekends or to take up golf haha as the summer rolls along and the fish are in the deep water of the central and eastern basins things may thin out but it will separate those who really know what they're doing versus those who find the pack and hope the fish are there

thanks for the replys.i have been coming to lake erie for over 20 years and the fishing is awsome.but as far as the other boats not paying attention,it the latest and greatest technology,using their trolling motor on the front of the boat with their graph.i get it for not having enough people on board for a few minutes or trolling with a few boats but not in lots of boats.i hate pack fishing but when its the only clean water its frustrating.i usually find my own fish far away from the pac.