Need a little help Need a little help Need a little help Need a little help

Default Need a little help

I am fairly new to the east side of the islands, been at Oak Harbor for years. I will be fishing the Wounded Heroes event next week and could use some help. Areas to fish, baits, lengths etc. I am not asking for your secret spot, I would just like to make sure I can put these veterans on some fish.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Re: Need a little help

Lots of folks on here that can help.

Generally you can find walleye either SE of Kelleys towards Cedar Point or NE of Kelleys out along the border, off of Kelleys Island Shoal. Where will you be leaving from? Trailering or at a marina? The South Passage is also good this time of year, but that's south of the Islands. All along the shore from Huron to Lorain you can find walleye. Just depends on how far out. There are some spots (example dumping ground between Kelleys and Cedar Point) to use for reference. You may also try the Central Basin Forum. Cranberry Creek marina has a fishing report for the area off Huron.

Default Re: Need a little help

Thanks for the info. I am going out of East Harbor (Harbor’s Edge Marina). I am in a 27 ft. Sportcraft hard top so I don’t mind running some distance if I need to.