Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021 Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021 Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021 Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021

Default Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021

The morning was a repeat of yesterday morning, so no need to bore you with that opening again...

Joe Edelstein set this trip up to fish with his Dad, and his dad's friend, Joe. Ray (Dad) and "Big Joe" drove down from Wisconsin and "Little Joe" drove up from Cincinnati yesterday, so they got to do some catching up with each other before fishing with me today.

They met me at Catawba State Park at 5:15, and we were launched and headed north at 5:30. It was a mostly cloudy morning with a break in the clouds on the horizon, so once again, there was enough light flickering off the surface of the water to be able to see if there were any "DFOs" (dangerous floating objects) in the water on the way up to our spot.

We started in the spot I was working yesterday and found some early with the same program as yesterday too. Well, we started with that, and when the first bite changed, with the shifting wind, we took the Flicker Minnows off to try the Spro Madeye 120's. Set the same distances as the previous at 45, 50, 55, and 60 feet back behind Off Shore boards.
    The Bandit side was doing fine, so those all stayed on.

Colors that worked today were:
    Bandits: RC Crush (ran 2 of them), Daydream (or, Daydreamer...I forget.), and Green Clown.

Flicker Minnow: Racy Shad, Flashy Pearl, and Pooh Bear.

Spro: Blue/Chrome, and Purple Glass Perch.

"Little Joe" learned to set lines and did a great job helping me. Ray was pretty handy with a net, so he was able to net whenever he wanted to.

"Big Joe" just had a good time doing a little of everything.

It was a rainy morning, but at least it never poured until we got in. It was mostly just an annoying drizzle, but I'll take that over a downpour any day. It wasn't that cold, so minus the rain, it was a great day to be on the lake!

The wind was out of the NE when we first arrived up by North Bass, and then an hour later it was out of the SE, and another hour after that, it was more out of the South, so when the wind shifted the first time.... the first slow down occurred in that spot.

We moved eventually....trolling SW towards the hoards of boats off Rattle Snake Island. We cut it short, and turned west before getting too close to the pack. We would hit pockets of fish and get 2 maybe 3 and then nothing for what seemed to be very long periods of time.

We managed their 18 fish, but didn't get mine today....but, that's okay. They had a good time, and learned a lot, and will be coming back sometime for a perch trip, so that makes me happy!

I thought I had a trip tomorrow, but when I looked at the notes on the calendar, I saw that he never put a deposit down. Everyone, but a few people, have been able to use the PayPal feature on my website to submit deposits, but a few have sent me checks. He said he was sending me a check and that's what I wrote on the calendar under his name. Normally, I wouldn't write a name in the calendar unless their deposit came in, but in this case, I didn't want him to lose the day while his check was in the mail. Then, I completely forgot about it, and didn't notice it until last night.

I sent him a text to see if he was still planning on fishing (which I already knew he wasn't coming)...to which he replied, No I didn't send it. Sorry, should've told you long ago. Way too busy with my business. Sorry again.

So, both of us completely forgot about it....uffda! Oh, well... I won't complain, because it's supposed to be raining again tomorrow, with a chance of thunderstorms, so I'm cool with staying home, warm and dry, tomorrow.

Then, I'm scheduled off for the 4th and 5th, for my birthday, so I won't be back out until Sunday...for the start two-week stretch, if the weather behaves.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021-joe-ray-joe-6-2-20211-jpg Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021-joe-ray-joe-6-2-20212-jpg Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021-joe-ray-joe-6-2-20214-jpg Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021-joe-ray-joe-6-2-20215-jpg Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021-joe-ray-joe-6-2-20216-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Joe, Ray, and Joe 6/2/2021

way to go cap! thats some good fishin!

Thanks for another great report. Enjoy your birthday!!

Baha299

Thanks for these reports. And Happy Birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday and thank you again for your reports!